“Very comfortable stay, helpful staff.”
Review of Ramada Pasadena

Ramada Pasadena
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Lipan, Texas
“Very comfortable stay, helpful staff.”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had to stay in Pasadena for 12 days & found the Ramada a comfortable place to stay. We felt safe, and were close to places we needed to go. Most of our trips we could either walk...cafe, fast food, grocery store, pharmacy, or we drove less than 5 miles by car...museums, shopping, parks.
Staff members who went above & beyond to make our stay comfortable were Aaron & Cynthia. We really appreciate their helpfulness.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
ramadapasadena, Manager at Ramada Pasadena, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and caring recognition of our staff members. We are always happy to hear that we were able to help to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. Cynthia and Aaron were more than happy to read this review and we all hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tennessee
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was happy with this hotel. The continental breakfast was good and the staff was friendly. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. This hotel was on a busy stretch of Colorado Blvd., however this didn't pose a problem.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind and helpful review of our establishment. Please visit us again soon to see the many improvements that we have made. I hope that your future stays with us will just get better with each stay.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here because it was close to where a friend lived. Was more like a motel than a hotel but that was ok. I wasn't after luxury, but for what you got I think it should have motel prices. Breakfast was fine and I used the free internet downstairs quite a a lot as I couldn't get my wireless to work and the staff were helpful. Room was comfortable over-all if a little noisy. I did ask for a room that wasn't on the road side months before but didn't get one.

I did however leave a precious 1930s scarf behind when I left by mistake and emailed several times to see if it had been found with no reply. I still wonder if they have it in lost property. If the manager sees this review, maybe he can tell me if its still around. My name is Michelle Turner and I stayed in May 2010.

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Temecula, California
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed here one night on the way home from a vacation. The additional parking was extremely cramped, and around the back of the hotel where I'd expect my car to get broken into. The motel was recently remodeled, so while you could tell the room was old, there wasn't anything to complain about. Until we woke up in the morning and found rodent feces in our bed. We didn't bring a pet hamster that sleeps with us, and we couldn't figure any other way the poop would've come into the bed with us, so we could only assume it was there already. Called the front desk and they sent an employee up to look at it. First he said, "I'm not sure how any rodent could've gotten in" (as he explored around the bed for holes in the wall or what not), then he quickly switched to, "that's not rodent poop. I don't know what it is, but it's not rodent poop." My husband and I have both owned rodents, myself for over 10 years. We're pretty sure we know what rodent poop looks like. However, the man would not budge. There was no apology, no offer of recompense, not even a hint of remorse that we had slept with rodent poop in their hotel. We called the health department.

Now, everything else aside, I would not have posted a negative review of this hotel up until the customer service. Rodents get into hotel rooms, unfortunately, and I can live with that. The problem that led me to write a review was that the hotel staff did not care about us as their guests at all, to the point of never even offering an "I'm sorry" that we paid $80 to sleep with rodent poop. And that's what got this hotel a rating of "Terrible."

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank symphonyofblasse
ramadapasadena, General Manager at Ramada Pasadena, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
First of all, I would like to apologize for any inconveniences during your stay and thank you for your comments. I would like to thank you for notifying the front desk and health department with your concerns. The Health inspector checked and performed tests on the room that you occupied and all of the surrounding rooms. I received a quick lesson on ways to detect a rodent problem and also the natural habits of rodents. She mentioned that rodents have very poor eyesight and only travel along walls because they have to use their whiskers to navigate. She said it is extremely unlikely to find rat pellets on a bed, confirmed that the findings were not rat pellets and has already closed the case. Once again, I would like to thank you for your concerns and for an honest review of our property. Alex

Travelers are raving about these Pasadena hotels

Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed June 5, 2011

From checking in late at night after a long day's drive to checking out five days later, we experienced a high level of professionalism from the management and staff of this hotel. This older two-story building has an elevator which was greatly appreciated. They also have luggage carts like some resorts so you don't have to make multiple trips from the car to the room. The room was very clean with triple sheets on the beds. Breakfast each morning was a real treat to get up for. There were seven different kinds of cold cereal as well as packaged oatmeal. Milk, orange juice, coffee, and hot water for a variety of tea bags were also supplied. With bagels, cream cheese, butter, English muffins, jelly, mini donuts, and boiled eggs, there were plenty of choices that would satisfy nearly anyone. However, what sold me every morning was the fresh, hot waffles made in the griddle. At first glance, parking seems to be lacking, but there is more on the lower level around the back of the hotel, so you're not on the street. The lobby also stocks frozen dinners that you may purchase and pop in the lobby microwave for later in the day. They do offer room service, and prices on that menu were competitive with a Denny's or IHOP, but we never opted to use that service. A small fitness room and nice pool are available as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tishakath
Our staff members really appreciate it and are always happy when I share the positive reviews with them. Thank you for a very kind and detailed review. Alex
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We picked this Ramada Inn because of the courteous, friendly and accomodating staff. Yukie Huang, the manager, has been very gracious. We stayed here for a week last year and came back this year because of the great environment. Most pleasant! We plan to stay here each visit when we come to see our family in Pasadena.

Room Tip: Contact the manager if you have special needs.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vrb67
Kharkiv, Ukraine
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for 6 days during our vacation in California.
We booked through Orbitz together with a car and got an awesome deal.
Our flight was 3 hours late and we had to check in at 2 am. There was no problem at all – we were greeted friendly, given a key and internet password right away.
The room is spacious and clean. They have a very helpful staff that would resolve any issue for you in a matter of seconds. There was a free breakfast that was enough to start the day off. The only thing I would like to see there was something meaty, like ham or bacon or turkey. There were only breads (toasts, bagels, muffins and doughnuts) and different spreads for them and eggs. My boyfriend enjoyed a waffle maker with a maple syrup. There also were juices, coffee and tea. Cereals and oatmeal were present, as well as apples and oranges. Even with the lack of meets we never left hungry.
I really liked the view on the mountains in the morning. This is a perfect place to stay while sightseeing in Los Angeles. It is on the Colorado Boulevard that has a lot of stores and restaurants but never has any troubles with traffic. It was very easy to get to places in LA and we toured a lot of locations within the 6 days.
We never had a problem with a parking spot. The parking is free. There is a pool and a fitness area – we did not use them so I can’t comment on them. They looked good to me though.
The internet was fast and they also had computers in the lobby for people to use, which was very convenient.
After staying in Ramada we stayed at other 2 star hotels in Nevada and Arizona and I would like to say that it was one of the best.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple