“Always Fantastic Service and Food Cooked to Perfection”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 791 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Los Robles
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Pasadena, California!
Reviewed October 14, 2018

I try to eat dinner here whenever I'm in Pasadena. Everything is prepared with care. The food is always sublime. Not only does the kitchen know exactly what it's doing, but the wait staff seems to really like working there. Everyone is always friendly and pleasant. The real not-to-miss stars on the menu are the appetizers, salads and vegetable sides --can't miss with calamari, blue crab cakes, lobster mac & cheese, caesar salad, creamed spinach -- who need an entree? The creme brûlée is the best I've ever had. I've seen lovely, tasteful birthday celebrations, & family groups, & couples--there's something for everyone. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to this location in the past and it was great. However, this time it was not to be. We both ordered the petite filet rare, but only one came as ordered. The two cuts tasted completely different, and for the prices we expect more than 50% satisfaction. Furthermore, the mashed potatoes were more soup consistency than potato. I don’t recall that being the norm. In any event, I’ll have to seriously reconsider if I’ll be patronizing again.

RuthsChrisSteakHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Jeffrey, thank you for your candid review. We strive for the highest brand standards in terms of quality, service and atmosphere and we are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed expectations. We would welcome the opportunity to earn back your business. Please send your contact information, including a phone number, to us at comments@ruthschris.com so we may speak to you directly. Thank you!

Reviewed July 27, 2018

We throughly enjoyed our dinner and found the service to be good. I was somewhat suprised to see the extremely casual attire of some of the guests and think it would be nicer if there were separate dining areas but it is what it is.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Tonight I ate in a menagerie of humanity. Eight year olds in pajamas. “Therapy” dogs eating from the table. Even in LA/ Pasadena it was an over the top experience. I was at a packed house at Ruth’s Chris but couldn’t help but feel like I was in the Twlight Zone. While the staff was attentive and the food more than passable, I couldn’t get over the discomfort. Ruth’s Chris is know for their top shelf meat, mine was chewy and not the quality of Ruth Chris standards. Linda, the manager was kind enough to acknowledge our dissatisfaction.

RuthsChrisSteakHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you for your candid review. We strive for the highest brand standards in terms of quality, service and atmosphere and we are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed expectations. We would welcome the opportuntity to earn back your business. Please send your contact information to us at comments@ruthschris.com so we may speak to you directly. Thank you!

Reviewed July 19, 2018

We got a walk-in table for 2 at 7:30 on a Friday. The restaurant has an expensive ambiance due to well controlled and low lighting and plenty of wood and nice fabrics. I learned after visiting that it is a chain, but clearly this is a different order of chain restaurant to most. We had a very friendly waiter, just the right level. We shared a mozzarella & tomato salad, which had a really high quality balsamic dressing. I had a filet steak; this was really one of the best I have ever eaten. There is a fairly good wine list, with a reasonable selection available by the glass; its all pretty expensive for what it is, but I guess this goes with the territory. I had a young and full-on cabernet sauvignon that I was happy with. It was an enjoyable experience; at around $150 for two, its a rare treat.