“Never Disappoints”

Eaton Canyon Natural Area
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Eaton Canyon is one of the places I would readily recommend to anyone who is looking for a birding place in Pasadena. It's very accessible in Pasadena traffic and parking is easy. The morning hikes are invigorating and the birds are always there. My husband and I were very happy to see the hermit thrush, acorn woodpecker, a very close view of the wren tit, golden crowned sparrow, spotted towhee, California quail, western blue bird, Anna's hummingbird and Northern mockingbird. The trails are very birder-friendly and not too arduous. Overall, a nice place to visit when in Pasadena.

1  Thank Cynthia K

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Being new to Pasadena, I was looking for an easy hike on a warm day. So I found Eaton Canyon on google. Close and easy to get to. When we pulled into a full parking lot, I should have had a clue. We had to park in over flow, The trail was a wide dirt road, and packed with people coming and going. I'll cut to the waterfall, packed with people,graffiti marring the wilderness. We chowed down our lunch and got out of there. I'll never go back, it's just like the zoo only with people.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Love going here to get away from the craziness that is the SGV and L.A. The nighttime hikes for adults are really fantastic, and you see things that aren't normally present when you hike during the day.

Really beautiful, and you can go your own pace; I feel a lot more at ease here than at Runyon, without a doubt.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

It is a nice place for hiking. It is not extreme. Go prepare: hiking boots, water and nutritive snacks, as well with some friends. Keep on the trails.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A nice place for a hike as long or as short as you would like. Also a museum with interesting exhibits. a getaway close to the city.