“Not a wilderness area at all.”

Eaton Canyon Natural Area
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Being new to Pasadena, I was looking for an easy hike on a warm day. So I found Eaton Canyon on google. Close and easy to get to. When we pulled into a full parking lot, I should have had a clue. We had to park in over flow, The trail was a wide dirt road, and packed with people coming and going. I'll cut to the waterfall, packed with people,graffiti marring the wilderness. We chowed down our lunch and got out of there. I'll never go back, it's just like the zoo only with people.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Love going here to get away from the craziness that is the SGV and L.A. The nighttime hikes for adults are really fantastic, and you see things that aren't normally present when you hike during the day.

Really beautiful, and you can go your own pace; I feel a lot more at ease here than at Runyon, without a doubt.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

It is a nice place for hiking. It is not extreme. Go prepare: hiking boots, water and nutritive snacks, as well with some friends. Keep on the trails.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A nice place for a hike as long or as short as you would like. Also a museum with interesting exhibits. a getaway close to the city.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you are looking for somewhere to have a nice morning hike in the San Gabriel mountains, this place is as good as any. It has a small visitor center and restroom facilities and maps to the trails. It is only a short hike to waterfalls so it is an ideal location to hike with children.