“Great for Happy Hour”

Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 716 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: De Lacey
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Terrific prices for happy hour. You can try a lot of different items for low prices.

Great service. Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff.
The rib eye, Filet mignon, mushroom medley, fried gyoza, NY steak were all terrific.

Congregation Ale House
Good happy hour. Nice beer selection. Great bar food. Homemade potato chips with dipping sauce and pretzels were really good.

There are newer reviews for Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ Dining

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I wanted something different for my daughter's birthday lunch. I got this recommendation from a friend. So my two daughters and I went for a nice leisurely lunch. We had so much fun! We ordered the Meats Lovers Combo for 2 which was way more than enough for the three of us. We were there during Happy Hour so a lot of the sides were at a discounted rate. I ordered the spicy cabbage which was my favorite! It had this chili carmelized garlic topping that really complemented the bbq meats. We had a great time talking, cooking, eating, and drinking a pitcher of green apple Soju. At the end, our dessert were S'mores. Our server was very attentive and had lots of suggestions. I can't wait to come back.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ordered the Meat Lover Combo for two person and it was a fantastic deal for $55. The resaturant had a promotion and they took 20% off the combo price. Sweet! The combo includes 7 to 8 different kind of cuts (mostly beef but i think there is a pork dish), a salad, deep fried chicken, 2 bowls of rice and miso soup. The meat were all marinated in different sauce and i found some of then on the salty side. The portions are little small for American standards, but we are Asians and have smaller stomachs. We tried very hard but could only finish 80% of the food. Cooking the meat ourselves make the experience even more enjoyable. We will come back if we are in the area again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stopped in for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Great atmosphere, great service, fun staff. Quick to seat, quick to order, quick to serve. The food was tasty and just right for a lunch. Good price! I'll go back for happy hour!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I were on an outing walking the beautiful streets of Pasadena, California. We stopped into this restaurant on Green Street for a "lighter" lunch this Sunday and were pleasantly surprised. Our waitress was so personable and rather than steer us to the pricier items, let us know about the happy hour prices for some wonderful lunch items.

The décor is great, nice bar, and the fun of cooking your own selection. We did go for the top of the line as I wanted some shrimp, but with two beers, (happy hour prices on those, too!), Edaname, miso soup, salad and a selection of meats to BBQ, all for $31.00! The nice thing is that the servings were reasonable, and not so large that we left feeling over-stuffed as in some resturants.

It is healthy, it is fun, and the service is fantastic! So glad to have found this place, and nice to see that there is one even closer to where I live-I will definitely be back soon!
Roxanne