“Great cocktails & food”

Seco New American
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Smith Brothers' newest restaurant features a vibrant, contemporary environment and an outdoor patio with an inviting fire pit. SECO's menu features New American cuisine created from the finest seasonal, sustainable ingredients and a diverse range of dishes, such as: wood oven roast chicken, steak frites, wood-fired pizzas, and salads-made with fresh herbs and spices. The lively bar and lounge serves fine wine, crafted beer, and cocktails with a bar menu available during the daily Social Hour. Complimentary valet parking is available behind Smitty's Grill, on Shoppers Lane, located only a few doors from SECO.
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Was reluctant to try here as I had a really bad meal at Smitys on a previous visit to Pasadena and I believe they own Seco , however my wife got the better of me !! . But I am so glad she did , we had a lovely Irish server who gave us some ideas all of which she was spot on ! and to top it off its great value . I look forward to going back on my next visit to beautiful Pasadena .

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I occasionally stopped in when it was Cafe 140 because it is within walking distance of our home. Now that the place got a much needed facelift and became Seco, its a regular destination spot for us. We love the ambiance, the new menu and the much larger bar area. The regular bartender, David, is fantastic. My wife says he makes he best French martini she has ever had ! We have not yet tried everything on the new menu but we are working on it. Love the new place!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Seco occupies the space previously inhabited by Cafe 140. Apparently the Smith brothers decided to attract a different clientele- what used to be a nice place to go with family and friends has now turned into a LOUD restaurant which resembles a bar. The very limited menu offers pseudo gourmet "fusion'" items, which seem contrived to attract people for whom gourmet. Equals status. I had the pizza with sausage which was nicely crisp and tasty. My husband had braised chicken fettuccini which also was very good. The noise , however was so deafening from the new bar type customers we could hardly wait to leave. Service was excellent and when the maître d asked us if we were enjoying ourselves , he was quite solicitous- offered free dessert and a different table. We declined because we could hardly wait to leave. If you enjoy trendy, loud restaurants that offer octopus , this is the place for you! Unfortunately where Cafe 140 often had families with kids, Seco is more of a bar than a restaurant.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I took my 3 daughters out to lunch at Seco. The food was excellent, the service not great and the coffee poor. I have been again in the evening and also had great food, this time brilliant, friendly service and merely avoided the coffee!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Not a large menu but enough variety to satisfy. There is a little of everything...small plates, medium plates (pizza), and large plates. I had the salmon which was perfectly cooked. The grilled artichoke was probably the best I've ever had. I think they grilled it in the pizza oven coz it had a great, smokey flavor.
The wait-staff was very attentive and friendly. This restaurant is owned by the same people that own Smittys, Arroyo Chop House, Parkway Grill, etc and they have a James Beard award-winngin chef.
I'll definitely be back