“Best Tea Experience In California”
Review of Rose Tree Cottage

Rose Tree Cottage
Ranked #540 of 726 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I flew in from Colorado to attended a tea. I thought it was very English. If you want to attended a tea like the English then this is a must go to place. Edmond the owner treats you like royalty.

1  Thank Andrea A

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I had a horrible time here. An old and dusty place. My allergies were bad.

I am glad I did not eat here. The place smells bad. I don't care how small a place can be as longer is clean. This was not the case.

This was not the place for me.
MD

8  Thank MichaelDergar
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We have been to Rose Tree Cottage twice - once to buy a Barbour jacket for my wife and once for the Jubilee Tea yesterday. Both were wonderful experiences. Edmund really knows his stuff about Barbours and the tea was simply fantastic - great food, delicious tea and excellent service, all in a real British quirky atmosphere.

If you are reading this page, you'll notice that the overall star rating makes no sense. There are two sets of reviewers: those who loved the experience and those who did not. The star rating is therefore an unfair average of many five stars and a few one and two stars.

There's a reason for this. This is an experience, not a competition for some superficial title of 'best tea' (whatever that means). Those who complain about a lack of choice of tea or compare it unfavourably to some chain hotel like the Ritz Carlton really are missing the point. This is a slice of England that delivers on that promise with wonderful heart and soul. I'm actually from the UK and I've had tea at the Ritz in London and while the setting here is less spectacular, the ethic is the same.

I'll be back and if those who would prefer a hotel experience or want an 'erbal' tea or some other strange concoction stay away that'll be all the better.

2  Thank hrichardj
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Edmund ,Mary, and Staff brilliantly continue their lovely tea tradition in Enchanting English Cottage style and surroundings. There is no end to yummy treats delivered elegantly to your table. Somehow hot tea is always poured without interrupting conversation during this treasured time away from our hurried days. Beyond the tea room, the availability of all things UK past and present are at their finger tips for purchase to take or have sent. We have enjoyed the Rose Tree experience in both locations over the years and it is our much loved tradition! Health, happiness and long live Rose Tree Cottage!

1  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I truly enjoyed my "tea" experience last Saturday. The food was one of the best I have had for a high tea. The Yorkshire puddings with sauteed mushrooms were to die for as were the tea sandwiches, scones and sticky pudding. I was so full and couldn't stop eating. Don't expect a hotel tea where you have the option of champagne and fancy petite fours, this is more of the real deal of what you would expect in a charming tea parlor in England. Delicious!!!!

2  Thank fashionsuz