“Close to PCC”

Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a great place to go if you like Belgian beers. The food quality can vary-but the fish and chips are always good. Though it is close to the college, not many students come here, with the exception being a popular soccer game. Prices are average.

Peggy S, Owner at Lucky Baldwins Pub, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for the kind words, Deb! I appreciate you taking the time share your review. I'm glad to hear we're your go-to spot for a great beer, though I'm sorry you haven't had as much consistency from our kitchen. Can you recall what days or times you were unsatisfied with your meal? I'm interested to hear more about it.

Once again, thanks for your feedback! I hope you'll join us again soon for a beer.

There are newer reviews for Lucky Baldwins Pub

Reviewed October 26, 2012

3 locations now. Sierra Madre, Old Town & the newest on Colorado Bl near PCC. If you are in to sports you will see there is no shortage of Big Screen TV's. We have been to all locations many times and love it.

Go for Breakfast and order the 'Full Breakfast'

diverdownfbh,

Thanks for the fantastic recommendation! No matter which location you visit, we hope to see you there again soon. We look forward to tipping one back with you.

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The beer is always awesome! The pub food is not the reason I go but is good. You really feel that you're in Scotland. My favorite place when in Old Town to go in the evening and live my Scottish roots.

Experiencedtrav07,

What a lovely review—cheers! We pride ourselves on authenticity, and I'm thrilled we passed your test. Whether you're looking for a stellar beer or some tasty bites, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

For a family of five, this is an interesting dinner choice. There are no kids meals, and no refills on sodas, and few tables that can fit us. Nevertheless, the portions are large enough to be split, as long as everyone can agree on what to order. My boys loved the fish and chips, and my wife loved the Cottage pie. Green peas are not our first choice of vegetable, though, and they come with every meal, as if that is all the English eat. If you combine them with the cheesy fries, they become a lot more enjoyable. Our total bill, with no drinks, was $60. Of course, not buying drinks ensured us of poor service, since they knew our bill wouldnt be increasing steadily. Overall, I would stop in again for the fish and chips, but probably not for nothing else.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

There are two Lucky Baldwins in Pasadena, and they have completely different atmospheres. The one on Colorado is spacious and feels like a sports bar. The one in Old Town is petite, and the atmosphere wasn't really there -- at least at lunch time. There are other bars nearby that would be higher on my list.