“The Tops Special is truly special!”
Review of Tops

Tops
Ranked #39 of 701 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Richardson, TX
“The Tops Special is truly special!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Tops has been at this location since the late 70's, and I used to go here all the time when I used to live in the area. Seeing how I was back in LA for a visit, I had to make the trip!

Walking in brought back all of the great memories of friends, fun and most of all...the food! Although it had been redecorated it still looked, felt and most importantly smelled the same with the charbroiler grill going full tilt when we walked up to the counter. Ordered 2 Tops specials, small fries and small onion rings. Now, I like to eat, but if you order both, just order smalls unless you have a 14 year old 300lb lineman with you, you won't be able to eat 2 larges. So yes, this place gives generous portions.

Found a table, sat down and waited about 15 minutes, it was the end of the lunch rush so it was still pretty busy and the drive thru line out to the street (sometimes it goes down the street!) Well, my anticipation was rewarded! Their Tops special which is a 1/4 lb cheeseburger topped (excuse the pun!) with generous slabs of pastrami and accompanied with tomato, onion, pickles and a splash of mustard. I am writing this after I returned home and wish I could go get another right now.

The onion rings are made fresh and hand battered, their fries are unique and delicious. The drinks are refillable and it was all so good I went back the next day again for lunch before I moved on with my trip.

In and Out gets all the press, and I love them, but this is my favorite!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank BoydCinTX

Chicago
“``Tops'' Is The Tops!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed in the Pasadena area for an extended period and a local resident suggested ``Tops.'' We were very pleased with the quality and taste of the food and went back for lunch a number of times. Menu is extensive and every item we had was delicious. ``Tops' employees (both the cooks and the cashiers) are very skilled and provide attentive service even though they are very busy during lunch hours. Great food and staff!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Neil R
Sierra Madre, California
“Great Everything!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My friends and I agree that absolutely everything is good at Tops. I have been eating at Tops for years. Even my work friends have heard about it and ask for directions. Yes, great pastrami, burgers, garden burger and taco. The taquitos are exceptional! You get real guacamole...not the runny stuff. If we have any leftover guacamole we save it and put it on a sandwich or something the next day. Chili fries...just stay away. Same with the onion rings and zucchini sticks, as they are way too good. Oh, and that crispy ground beef taco, who would think that this would be so good. You just break it all up because you get so much lettuce, and make a taco salad. Now with all of this traditional good fast food, who would think that they would have one of the best chicken salads in town? Crazy, but they do. The salad has a ton of rich, dark leafy greens and great grilled chicken. The chicken gets a little caramelized...yummy. I can't eat the whole thing, it will last me a day or two. Oh, and the Greek dressing is the best. The staff is always super friendly and they seem to have quite a nice family-type atmosphere amongst themselves. You must go!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank j s
Los Angeles, California
“Best pastrami in town”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My favorites are the pastrami of course with onion rings. Their chicken tostada salad and zucchini fries is excellent.

• Visited March 2014
Ewing NJ
“Great Food Huge Portions”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was in the mood for a simple dinner, good fast cheap. Tops is tops in all three areas. Had the pastrami as suggested by many others, I must agree some of the best pastrami I have ever tasted. The small onion rings was a mountain of breaded fried goodness. Service was fast and friendly with a slime. Do not go looking for shiny silver and white linen. Go for good food!

• Visited January 2014