“Best Brisket”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit Pasadena
Ranked #381 of 716 Restaurants in Pasadena
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was unaware of the existence of Dickey's until someone sent me there to pick up something for him. I just wanted to "try" a "smidgen" of my friends beef brisket...big mistake..I got hooked! ( I had basically given up beef a few years ago). There are 4 different BBQ sauces to choose from (I stick with the "original").
I like the onion rings too. I also believe that Dickey's offers good food at god prices.

There are newer reviews for Dickey's Barbecue Pit Pasadena

Reviewed April 19, 2014

So excited to have a bbq place in Pasadena! We were disappointed when we visited, the way they set up the restaurant makes for a line out the door. Service is quite slow, and we were surprised at how small the portions were. Plus they are quite expensive --- 5 ribs plus two sides for $14.50. My husband had a tiny brisket sandwich with processed american cheese on it (ick, he pulled it off). I think the biggest disappointment is that we are used to Texas bbq where the portions are generous.

Note: we bought some brisket to take home. The posted sign says that it is $11.95 a pound, but they charged us $14.95 because we did not buy an 8-10 lb brisket. The brisket is good, but they did not cut off the fat layer, as they do in Texas, so our piece of meat is 1/2 fat.

I would skip this place as you can eat at a full service place, and get larger portions and faster service for the same price.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Glad to find a good BBQ joint close to home. Lot better than flying to Texas to get my BBQ fix. The brisket was quite good. Can't wait to try the other meats.