“Mediterranean - Middle Eastern fare with a difference !!”
Review of Kal's Mediterranean Bistro - CLOSED

Kal's Mediterranean Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Raymond ave.
Transit: 177 Metro LineRaymond / Holly 260 Metro LineFair Oaks / Holly Metro Gold Line (804)Memorial Park Station 180/181 Metro LineColorado / Raymond 687/686 Metro LineColorado / Raymond 762 Metro Rapid LineFair Oaks / Colorado 256 Metro LineColorado / Raymond 267/264 Metro LineWalnut / Raymond
Description: Modern Mediterranean cuisine presented in a delicious and playful fashion alongside hand-selected wines, hand-crafted cocktails, and welcoming service. Our offerings are driven by the season and the market, with several trips a week to various farmers' markets and foraging.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Conveniently located in a cozy setting just one block north of Colorado Blvd surrounded by mid-century red brick buildings .... yet within walking distance of great shopping. Parking just opposite restaurant. Wood paneled with warm friendly ambiance and friendly unhurried service. Great 1950's cool jazz and jazz vocalists add to the atmosphere. Varied and interesting menu choices from classic Greek to modern Middle Eastern dishes. The lamb and chicken entrees were flavorful, colorful, tasty, and well presented. The beet salad was exceptional as was the falafel. The beer and wine list though not extensive provided adequate variety. We plan to come back... definitely worth a visit.

3  Thank fwaffarn

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This lovely little restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine with a twist. To start off I had a Mediterranean mule cocktail: cardamom, pomegranate and other delights , so refreshing. My friend had an excellent lamb burger topped with feta and yogurt; superb! I had skewered lamb with salad and Arabian rice also good. My husband had lamb shawarma in pita bread. We also three dips with bread, eggplant, red pepper with pecans- really great service, charming owners. Great for a romantic night out or fun with friends. Three entrees , 6 cocktails , 80 bucks. Love it!

1  Thank lascola
Justina A, Owner at Kal's Mediterranean Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

It was a pleasure having you dine at our restaurant and thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to your next visit.
Kal's Bistro

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This restaurant participated in DineLA's restaurant week event and I was so glad. Every course was a pleasure. The atmosphere and art on the walls was very enjoyable. The wait staff was adorable. Loved it!!

1  Thank Nic_Ferrante

We are glad you enjoyed dining at our restaurant. We hope you had a pleasant stay in Pasadena. We look forward to having you dine at our restaurant on your next visit.
Sincerely, Kal's Bistro

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I visited here while in town and was pleased to find the intimate, warm atmosphere of the restaurant on a quiet street north of Colorado Blvd close to the Courtyard Marriott hotel. There's a small bar that is perfect for a before dinner drink. I ordered the lamb kebob for my main course and found it to be perfect. It rivaled what i was served when I ordered this meal in Istanbul. Perfectly done and complemented with rice and steamed vegetables. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. I will definitely return when I'm in Pasadena.

1  Thank BLT310
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It really takes allot to empress me with a meal and conversation. This was my 3rd restaurant I stopped in for to try for the night . It was a fantastic find. From the wait staff to the owner it was a place where I was made to feel at home and relax. Drinks were great , but the food well it was great. I am so glad I do not live in the local area because i would be here every night . All I can recommend is try it .

1  Thank SN1960