“Burgers are good, but the Vampire Dip is Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Slater's 50/50

Slater's 50/50
Ranked #14 of 699 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Slater’s 50/50® was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater, a San Diego State graduate with a passion for gourmet comfort food and craft beer. Teaming up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons, they created the world’s first 50/50 burger – 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef – taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm. In 2011, the second Slater’s 50/50 opened in Huntington Beach followed quickly by the San Diego location. Since opening, Slater’s 50/50 has won a number of awards and accolades including “Best Burger” by The Orange County Register, OC Weekly and FOX 5 San Diego as well as Best New Restaurant by San Diego Magazine. Slater’s 50/50 has also been featured on national television shows including the Travel Channel’s Bacon Paradise and Discovery Channel’s United States of Bacon.
La Verne, California
“Burgers are good, but the Vampire Dip is Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

A friend & I went to the Rancho Cucamonga location for the first time in June. I made my own all beef burger with teriyaki & avocado. It was delicious! Easily one of the best burgers I had ever had. Burger was a little pricey, but well worth it. You have to order fries separately with the make-your-own burgers and they were $6-7. Huge order, but I would rather pay less and get a more average-sized order. Service was good.

My friend and I just went again in August. This time, not so good. Ordered a bleu all beef burger. Could hardly find the bleu on it. The patty was dry and the outside was burned. My friend had a turkey burger and it was dry also. We didn't plan to complain though, we just continued eating. We were caught by surprise when someone came by asking how our food was. We mentioned the problems and she said she would notify the cooks. We thought that was the end of it when a young man came by and gave us each a coupon to come back ($10 value) and apologized profusely. They also removed the cost of our appetizer. Wow! That's service.

Getting to the appetizer--Vampire Dip--it was to die for!!! For this you must be a garlic lover! It has plenty of garlic, cheese & artichoke hearts served in a bread bowl with slices of pita and bread to dip with. Did I say Awesome?!! I will definitely go back for this dip!!

Pasadena, California
“Yummy Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

My son ordered the 50/50 (half beef, half bacon) burger with smashed avocado, fried egg, lettuce, cheese, etc. and it was marvelous. Only problem is that it's a la carte, and $10.95, so no bargain. I, on the other hand, did get a bargain. The wedge salad is $8.95, and it only costs $1 additional to have added chicken, and they don't skimp. But it didn't really need the chicken. It tasted great just with big chunks of bacon, cut in half cherry tomatoes and chunks of bleu cheese. We splurged and ordered french fries, for $4.45, which I consider expensive, but there were enough to make it a nice shared order.

The place is great for watching sports. I counted 19 TVs, and I wasn't thorough, just counted what I could see without going around any corners.

Los Angeles, California
“Did not live up to the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was really excited to try the 50/50 burger... given my lifelong quest for amazing burgers AND the joy that is bacon. Sadly, it turned out to be less than I had hoped for and I didn't feel it lived up to the all the buzz.

I had the 50/50 while my partner had a standard burger. We shared an assortment of fries and side items as we were trying to get a good sampling of the menu. We found most of the food to be quite salty and frankly both burgers were nothing special. The 50/50 had a strong, unique flavor and a tough texture that didn't work for me. Obviously, given how popular the place is, I'm in the minority.

The service was friendly if a bit slow. It seemed that the ratio of servers to tables was a bit low and the folks working there were running around trying to keep up. They have a lot of beers to choose from and a nice selection of side items that were pretty good.

Not a good place for a diet or those who try to eat healthy... but where's the fun in that?

• Visited July 2014
Irvine, California
“lunch on Monday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel was stayed at recommended Slater's. The burger was great and the fries were perfect! We will be back for sure!

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Having read about the famous 50/50 burger, comprised of 50% beef and 50% bacon, we were keen to try it when we got to this bustling restaurant in the centre of Pasadena, and we weren’t disappointed – it was delicious and huge! We had the 1/3 pound option, I wouldn’t have been able to eat the larger ones. There is a huge selection of beers, most of which are from California and the service was good. Throughly recommended