“mmmmmBACON”

Slater's 50/50
Ranked #13 of 752 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Slater’s 50/50® was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater, a San Diego State graduate with a passion for gourmet comfort food and craft beer. Teaming up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons, they created the world’s first 50/50 burger – 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef – taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm. In 2011, the second Slater’s 50/50 opened in Huntington Beach followed quickly by the San Diego location. Since opening, Slater’s 50/50 has won a number of awards and accolades including “Best Burger” by The Orange County Register, OC Weekly and FOX 5 San Diego as well as Best New Restaurant by San Diego Magazine. Slater’s 50/50 has also been featured on national television shows including the Travel Channel’s Bacon Paradise and Discovery Channel’s United States of Bacon.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Gound beef,ground bacon cheddar cheese cooked really well.What more can you ask for in a burger.Only Bobby Flay's crunch burger beats it!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Dozens and dozens of beers on tap. Very creative burger recipes! We also loved the Pittsburgh Pastrami. You won't have room for the desserts; schedule a second trip back at night for the Bacon Brownie or Blondie.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

A recent trip to L.A. gave me an opportunity to try out a few of the burger joints that always seem to pop up on any T.V. show about burgers. My stops included Umami Burger, The Apple Pan and Slater's 50/50 in Pasadena. Of the three, Slaters would be my choice of a place I would want to return to again and again. Comfortable upscale atmosphere, friendly waitstaff and awesome burgers. My wife ordered a chicken sandwich that looked like it had a whole chicken on it. My son and I each ordered burgers. Slaters provides a neat little form you can fill out with all the specs for your burger....type of bun, meat, toppings, extra's....it gives the opportunity for endless combinations. My burger was prepared perfectly with exactly what I requested on it. We ordered the combo appetizer basket that included deep fried pickles, jalapenos and a deep fried mac n' cheese that was unlike any I had ever had.....delicious.
I highly recommend Slater's 50/50......get there early.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recently stayed within a few blocks of this restaurant and was intrigued by the concept of the 50/50 burger. I will say that I love hamburgers and I love bacon so had high expectations. I tried the burger on the brioche bun with about 4-5 standard burger toppings. Loved the bun but was a bit disappointed in the burger. It was on the dry side and quite frankly did not taste a difference with the bacon ground in.

I did not try any other side dishes given the fat content of what I was eating. Service was good. Only complaint was I had a somewhat early lunch and was seated next to the bar. There was a pervading smell of cleaning solution on top of stale beer which somewhat marred the experience.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We ate here during our visit in July. There is a good atmosphere inside and is a little like sports bars that you see. I wouldn't recommend eating with children after 8pm really as the atmosphere seems to be more adult. I definitely would not take children around to eat at the bar side. That said, the food is great, even though some of the toppings that we ordered were missed off, we didn't notice because it tasted so good. We ate there twice in one week. The service is great. We will eat there again when we visit Pasadena again next year.

1  Thank Jane1059