“Old school; a Great Food ”

Stoney Point Restaurant
Ranked #161 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: French, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This old style restaurant on Colorado south of the Colorado bridge is a hidden jewel. The decor is reminiscent of steak houses from the 50' and 60's. Full bar, and live piano after 7. Menu is Italian with steak and some other options. My friend had the lobster ravioli which was terrific. I had the prix fixe dinner ( week nights )- salad or soup, entree and dessert for 32 bucks. I had the petite filet mignonette which came with vegetables and mash potatoes. Salad to start and gelato for dessert. The steak was really good, nice salad, gelato came with two cookies. Include with our meal was delicious bruschetta and hot bread . Reasonable wine list. Charming and attentive servers. Free parking. Going back ASAP . White tablecloths , really nice.

4  Thank lascola

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was invited for a birthday celebration and let me tell you, what a fantastic surprise! The ambience, the intimacy, the GREAT service, the WONERFUL food selections and the food was more TASTY than those supposedly high-end-celebrity chef restaurants. The Martini was perfect, my pasta with clams and white wine and garlic sauce could not have been better, the bread was hot and tasted home made. We had 3 different wait staff catering to our needs. I can't wait to go again. Stoney Point will definitely be added to my frequent list.

4  Thank LaVerne R
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My dad found this restaurant when he was looking for a place that had Cioppino, or something similar. It's off the beaten track in Pasadena, but apparently it's been there a while as there seemed to be a lot of regulars. The food was delicious, and the service was very friendly & attentive. We already want to return.

1  Thank NatAtHome
Reviewed August 24, 2013

First, forget the trendy restaurants in Old Town Pasadena. Okay, some may be fine, but parking can be a hassle and they can be noisy and crowded. Stoney Point is just over the bridge on Colorado, on the way to Eagle Rock and points west. It has good parking and feels like one of those "best kept secret" intimate restaurants I like to go to for a quiet meal in a quiet and soothing atmosphere. The two main waiters have been there for years and have an amazing ability to remember things. (I probably go 6 or 7 times a year, yet they remember the wine I like and personal facts. True pros all the way.) The food is consistently top-drawer (I particularly like the Chinese Chicken Salad when I go for lunch) and the fresh-baked bread is addictive. For those who like singing, there are certain nights in which a piano player accompanies singers who show up to do their thing. In this regard, I'm reminded of the old Sarno's on Vermont in Los Feliz. (If this is something you'd prefer to avoid in the name of a very quiet meal, call to see when this is scheduled, just to make sure.) The restaurant has a full bar but I enjoy the house wine selection personally. It is always a treat for me to have a meal at Stoney Point.

2  Thank SCalifTraveler
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stoney Point has been around for a long time. I've been going for over 20 years and I have never had a bad meal. The service is out of this world. They all have been working there for many years. A Pasadena treasure

3  Thank rose1961