“Neighborhood favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar

Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 693 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: California
Transit: We are very close tothe Del Mar Station for the Metrolink. We are about 3 blocks away.
Pasadena, California
“Neighborhood favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Excellent Italian cuisine, excellent service. My husband would choose Gale's for dinner nine times out of ten.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Ventura, CA
“Nice restaurant away from tourists”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Delicious appetizers especially prosciutto and melon. Entrees were enjoyed by most in the party, especially gnocchi, and there were leftovers for all. Nice wine selection. Attentive service. Back room is much quietter than front room. Pretty pricy, but overall we enjoyed.

Pasadena
“Good service, horrible owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The owner did not trust my opinion when i told him the ravioli's were cold, mushy, and disgusting; he said they were "just fine". I will never set foot back into that restaurant again. The owner is full of it...

3 Thank Quinn L
Monrovia, California
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great service, wonderful food, pleasant ambiance. This is our second visit and both were excellent experiences. Loud place but worth it for the food and the service is always prompt, courteous and helpful with wine and food selections. We will continue to return.

Visited January 2013
North Chicago, Illinois
“Can I take a nap here? Because I feel SO comfortable and cozy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Even after accidentally giving our reserved table away, the folks at Gale's still made up for it in service, expediency, and the awesome quality of their Italian fare.

I made reservations online for Gale's, but I was even able to call and change up that reservation just hours before. I wouldn't count on that being able to happen for everyone, but at least they were able to accommodate one guest in such a way. The manager (perhaps? A sweet middle-aged gentleman who spoke French) accidentally gave away our table for two, but was very apologetic about it. The hostess felt quite bad about us having to wait, and so she asked if we'd like a couple drinks on the house! So sweet! My husband ordered a gin martini and I ordered a glass of Pinot Noir. We probably ended up waiting an extra fifteen to twenty minutes, but honestly, it had been a nice date for my husband and I. We didn't care, and you can't complain with free drinks!

Gale's is somewhat small, but I love hearing all the buzzing around and seeing everyone enjoying their food. The atmosphere is really romantic, but I loved seeing lots of family get-togethers occurring for the holidays. You can tell that the locals love this place. It isn't the most young or hip spot, but sometimes I prefer that. I knew we weren't going to encounter any attitude or snobbery at this establishment. The parking is free, and while it isn't right in the middle of all the action on Colorado Blvd, it feel so cozy and warm.

I ordered the chicken parmesan (my go-to at pretty much any Italian place) and the portions were HUGE. Such a welcome sight! The entree came with a choice of two sides, and I chose a side salad and penne marinara. The salad was particularly good, but I can't remember all the details on it because my wine was kind of getting to me. ;) The chicken parm was delicious. Cozy, delicious, comfort food. My husband ordered the lasagna on recommendation by our waitress. He looooved it, and it was one of those meals where you take the first bite and your eyes roll back into your head because it's just what you've been craving. I remember our service being quite prompt, too. However, I will say that we were seated around 6:30 or 6:40, and not an hour later all the tables were filled up and there were plenty of folks waiting to be seated. As much as this may not be the "hip" spot, it sure gets crowded and for good reason!

• Visited December 2012