“Best Pizza I've had outside of Italy”

Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza
Ranked #23 of 701 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Best Pizza I've had outside of Italy”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is great. Almost like "Kramer" (Seinfeld), you make your own pizza. The prices are reasonable , the staff is friendly, it all comes together nicely. The only drawback for me is that it is all done in a fast-food restaurant style. I'd prefer a sit-down venue with table service for everything but your pizza-making-experience. But that doesn't hinder me from returning every time I'm in Pasadena

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
So Cal
“Build it any way you want!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

After passing this place many times (like going across the street to Roy's a few months ago), I finally decided to go eat pizza here. Given the choice of menu signature choices, or build your own without a cap on how many toppings you could put, the decision was a no brainer. I went ape crazy and got most of the meats and some of the vegetable toppings that were offered. While it ain't a $5 Little Caesar's deal, it is priced right around $7.45. I definitely would come back if I'm in the mood for gourmet pizza. With so many base sauces, I've got to try the BBQ next time around.

• Visited May 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Fast fired pizza”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've not seen this concept before, although I've eaten plenty of pizza.

They take your name and you order your pizza from the pre-set 'signature pizzas' menu or build your own and watch your pizza being made while you wait. The pizzas are all fired in the oven and ready in about 5. You can go to your table and your name will be called when your pizza is ready. I had the Meat Eater pizza which was really tasty.

What I like about this restaurant is that it's fast and it's a really social way of eating a quick meal when you're on a night out with friends. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
California
“Satisfy a quick craving for pizza!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I confess, I miss the old-fashioned pizza parlor. This is fast food, just better fast food than most. The pepperoni and meatball Meat Lovers pizza is fabulous, as is the artichoke and garlic Art Lovers pizza (my favorite). Pass on the plain cheese -- no flavor. Other than pizza, you can get salad. There is a self-serve drink bar. Restaurant is plain and clean. Parking is challenging, but not impossible (I had to pay $2 in Public Parking a block north). Great place to satisfy a quick craving for pizza!

• Visited January 2013
Port Townsend, Washington
“Seriously good pizza!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It almost defies common sense: the ambience is somewhat below a typical fast-food outlet. But the pizza comes out in about three minutes and it costs about $7 bucks, AND it is seriously good pizza! The thin chewy crust is as good as you will find anywhere -- better than almost everywhere! The toppings are good, and don't overwhelm the crust. The dressing for the caesar salad is really excellent, way better than many fine dining restaurants. What's going on here?

I want them to re-think the front of the house: the noise level, the chairs, the general ambience. It doesn't have to be like the Costco hot dog window. This is good good food and it merits a better dining environment. If the place itself was more enjoyable to be in, this chain could be the big dog in its field in two years or less.

• Visited January 2013