“Used to be Good”

Yard House
Ranked #18 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

A few years ago (2006) I had a fabulous turkey burger at the Yard House in Costa Mesa. So I thought I would repeat the experience in Pasadena. Unfortunately, this was not the case. Besides being unbearably noisy (and we ate outside), this is the in-place for post pubescent fraternity boys. I ordered the turkey burger and had it the way it was described on the menu: mozzarella cheese, roasted tomatoes and some kind of aioli. Unfortunately, it was not very good. The fries were decent, though, yet not great (though they looked great, sprinkled with sea salt). It was too rich and boring at the same time. What can I say? If I try again, I will simply ask for it with cheddar cheese and some mayo. We had a great waitress who unfortunately went on break, and then we were ignored. I finally got up and searched the restaurant for a person to give us our check so we could leave.

1  Thank WendyS58
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Hi WendyS58 - Hearing your comments is disheartening! We're so glad you sought us out due to your previous great experience in Costa Mesa but regret that the Turkey Burger you were served did not meet your expectation. We're sorry for not fulfilling your craving. Please reach out to us at yhguest@yardhouse.com and we'll work hard to restore your faith.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

When I lived in Pasadena I used to love coming here for happy hour. The beer selection is enormous and the happy hour appetizers were tasty and very reasonable. I love the classic rock music as well. Great stop after work!!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Yard House offered both in and outside dining. The menu was extensive and had a good variety of offerings - good salads etc. The sweet potato fries with dipping sauce were the best I have ever had!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Bit disappointed with the waiting staff this evening, we were half way through our starters/appetisers when they delivered our main courses. The young lady didn't seem to understand they were separate courses and took umbridge when this was pointed out and had to be replaced by a less sensitive soul.....apparently you are on a timer from when you start eating your appetisers to the delivery of the main course. Common sense and visual attributes didn't seem to matter. The manager wasn't much help either. Shame, normally enjoy it in there

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi Steve P - We were sad to hear this visit raised an issue of concern. Please accept our apologies for the rushed feeling you received while dining with us. Your visit with us should be relaxing and enjoyable. We want to follow up with our service team to ensure our steps of service are being properly followed. When you can spare a moment, please contact me directly at yhguest@yardhouse.com. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail so the appropriate corrections can be made.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were in town visiting for the BCS National Championship. It was very busy, but our waitress did a pretty good job keeping our drinks full. We both ordered a lunch sized portion macaroni dish (which was excellent), but it was not enough to last us the rest of the day so we ended up buying a chicken sandwich also to split. Not a quiet place, but there are televisions so if you are keeping up with a game it is a great place to go. They also seemed to accommodate large groups well.