“A Bit Expensive, But Worth It.”
Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #17 of 716 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A million TVs tuned to sports, a million beers on tap, and a million interesting menu items.

#nuffsaid

As other commenters have mentioned, there are LOTS of vegetarian options -- which was a nice change of pace for a sports bar.

Paid more than I wanted to, but didn't really mind that at all!

There are newer reviews for Yard House

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I like that this place is a mix of everything from upscale hamburgers to fish to steaks, has a wide (WIDE) selection of beers and wines, the service is above par, and the prices are reasonable. We had guacamole (which I shared, but not entirely willingly :) ), a 5 oz burger (which my friend said was excellent), grilled chicken sandwich (ditto), and the pan seared ahi (with brown rice, asparagus, and friend basil). The ahi was delicious, perfectly cooked, and blended well with the rice and veg. The only complaint I had about the food, if you could consider it a complaint, was that there was too much fish and I didn't eat it all. The service was attentive and prompt, sometimes bordering on too attentive but staying safely on the good side.

The only negative was that it was noisy enough out on the patio that I had trouble hearing the server and my companions.

1  Thank Doc L
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had a great dinner here with our daughter (in her twenties) and friends. The staff are super friendly, there is lots of parking and the range of beer is amazing. We had locally produced craft -beers (I loved Arrogant 'profanity' Ale) and a triple fermented "Fin De Monde' that is made in Quebec had my husband writing the name down for future reference. Many beer can be ordered by the yard- it's fun to try to drink the last bit in the bottom of the yard glass without having it go up your nose or down your shirt- our daughter's friends challenged us to do this.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped here for some food on the way back from Palm Springs to LA. We got a Thai Noodle Salad ($9.35) and an Enchilada Stack ($16.35).

We also got a couple of beers, an IPA and a Tripel.

Overall, it was a good location, plenty of TV screens and was extremely busy, but they still were quite attentive.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a good place to watch a football game (or other sport) as they have multiple TVs. Usually you can get a seat with a decent view of one of them. Last time I was there I had a very good hamburger at the bar. It was a bit on the expensive side but pretty tasty. They also have a good selection of beers (both on tap and in a bottle). Getting a seat at the bar can be difficult sometimes unless they have just opened. They do also have table seating (both indoors and outdoors). If you want to watch an early football game (10:00 AM Pacific) you can't as they don't open until 11:00 AM. But other than that I enjoy watching the game here. Most of the time I have one of their burgers so I can't comment much on their other food items. But they do serve many other items also (sandwiches, steak, chicken wings etc.)