“Spectacular breakfast”

Yahaira's Cafe
Ranked #77 of 699 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Cafe, Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, North Carolina
“Spectacular breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a hidden gem and not to be missed. My sister discovered this place when it first opened years ago and we have been going back all the time. The brothers who founded and run the cafe are geniuses ... one in the kitchen, one in service. Everything is fresh, tasty, prepared in a timely manner, and served with such grace and charm. Go spend a few hours enjoying the shade of the outside dining area or the coolness of the inside dining; or just pick up something quick to eat on your way to the Pasadena Playhouse or Lemmle's....you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013

Redding, California
“Outstanding Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The special was a corn tortilla with black bean purée, fried eggs and chile verde. It was fantastic. The California omelet was also good. Excellent service. Highly recommend for breakfast.

Portland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best dishes in Pasadena”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Pasilla Chilis is one of the best dishes in Pasadena. The chicken roue is always consistent and the spice scale of the peppers can sneak up on you because the chilis are fresh and unpredictable. The very best part of the meal is that after you have finished your first chilli you have a second one just waiting to be devoured. I recommend this dish with a cool Negro Modelo. I agree with an earlier review that you should follow up you meal with a film at the Laemelle.

• Visited March 2012
Lansing, Illinois
“Great Secret Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

This place have delicious breakfast food! My husband and I were on vacation and he found this place due to reviews! We check it out and OMG it was Great! Cool atmosphere, cute place and nice people! I fell in love with this place.

• Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
“A Local's Secret Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

My sister brought me here; they know her well, and I've been here three times on various occasions and had pleasant and delicious encounters each time. You can eat hearty, or you can eat, well, moderately lightly. I stuck to breakfast each time, but the dishes were each well-prepared with great salsa and decent sized (but not Cheesecake-Factory-Sized) portions. I would recommend this highly, and look forward to trying out their lunch menu next trip out to Pasadena.

I might consider moving to a 5-star review if my later lunch experiences hold up.

My only complaint is that the room got pretty hot, though our server happily propped open a door for airflow (although then we had the Colorado Blvd street noise coming in). Not a terrible place for people-watching either.

• Visited June 2012