“Old Style Mexican in Pasadena”
Review of El Toreo

El Toreo
Ranked #405 of 726 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a very small restaurant with a homey atmosphere: typical of the many great Mexican restaurants all over Los Angeles. Good food, nice people. A nice break from the more upscale (and expensive) places in Old Pasadena.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Stopped off on the walk to the Rose Bowl. The building is a little rough but the food is excellent. Simple and fresh. It was an enjoyable meal with good service.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

A piece of a Mexican Fonda in the heart of Pasadena!! I was very impressed by the good food! It took me back to my childhood. If you want to try good homemade Mexican food this is the place.

I will be back!
Michael Dergar

Reviewed October 18, 2012

In this small cafe with some old, wonderful posters on the walls, you will have some delicious homemade Mexican cuisine. My husband loved his enchiladas, with a rich dark sauce better than any he has had before. My fish soup was very good and a large portion. Just what I wanted. This is not American Mexican food - so my soup had bones, and skin - whole chunks of fish - which gives the broth its richness. Try it.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I'm Mexican so I've had some of the best mexican food in my mom's kitchen. This was as good as mom's. Home-made quality, fresh and spicy, the way it should be. The atmosphere is old Mexico cafe with old pictures and decor. The service was very friendly and attentive. I will come here every time I'm is Pasadena and tell anyone coming to Pasadena to come here. So nice to have really great food at a good price.