“Favorite close to Pasadena shopping”

The Kitchen Italian Cafe & Pizzeria
Ranked #66 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North De Lacey
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Family has dined at The Kitchen for both lunch and dinner. Quality is always superb and the value is excellent. Will continue to go back to dine on the red checker table cloths many times. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I placed a catering order and was quoted prices off of their old menu. When the food arrived, it was not only luke warm, but they had left off the key item in my order (a lasagna). When I called to ask where it was, they claimed I hadn't ordered it and charged me a delivery fee *again* to deliver it. By that time it was 40 minutes late and my event was basically over.

Not only this, but I was charged according to their *new* prices not the prices I was quoted. The difference was only $20, but when I called to complain about the late food and the mis-quoting of prices, the lady on the phone was very rude about it and refused to do anything to rectify the situation.

The food tasted ok, but was not worth the price or the terrible service. With all the other places to get catered Italian food in town, don't waste your time with these people.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Before last week, I had never heard of this restaurant. We were driving through Pasadena on our way to Malibu. We parked in a parking garage, and when we came out, The Kitchen ws right in front of us. We decided to give it a try. The service was a little slow, because there was only one server, but she was working hard and doing a great job! My wife and I ordered pasta dishes and they were both very good. On a whim, I also ordered a slice of meatball pizza. Oh my gosh! That was possibly the best pizza I have ever had. The crust was perfect, with just the right amount of sauce. Everything was spiced perfectly. If I was not so full, I would have gotten a Large pizza to go.

The atmosphere was very relaxed.

I would go again in a minute. Actually, I will make a point of going everytime I am near Pasadena.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

We had made reservations for New Year's Eve dinner, when we showed up (5 minutes earlier) we were told that they did not have us down and that the restaurant was closed. I personally had made the reservations and I had been told that the latest they could accommodate us was 9:45 p.m., so I took that time. Well, it was obvious that the woman making the reservations was not serious about the job and does not care about people's plans. Nobody had the courtesy to call us in advance to let us know about last minute change of schedule. I will never go back. This restaurant lacks of a good customer service.

1  Thank Jannett01
Reviewed May 4, 2010

The salad was amazing and the dressing was very good... balsamic and the waitress commented on the fact that it's their own recipe. The pizza was delicious with tons of fresh toppings. I plan to go back and try the pastas... the looked very good!