“Don't bother”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2009

We spotted Beckam's as we came off the freeway. It looked classy so we thought we'd try it out. Nice atmosphere, but the place was practically empty. Unfortunately, the 4 women from USC mouthing off about benefits killed any hope of a quiet dinner. Our waiter thought he was being cute but was rather obnoxious, encouraging us to steal the plates that weren't for sale. (We didn't.) The Stilton salad was tasteless and the deep fried artichoke hearts were OK. My husband ordered an end cut crown cut prime rib. The beef was apparently purchased at Safeway, very average and not worth comment. My filet medalions were undercooked (I ordered medium rare and got rare.) I ate around the edges the part that had stopped mooing. His creamed spinach was tasteless, my au gratin potatoes showed evidence of cheese, but I certainly couldn't taste any. All in all a waste of money. Fortunately it was expensed and I didn't loose a dime to this awful dinner.

1  Thank lmcaz06

Reviewed December 17, 2008

A special place for an elegant dinner

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Good place to go for a beer after golf.

Reviewed November 11, 2007

salads not great. food is good, and there is a lot of it. child-friendly. service was ok.

Reviewed December 28, 2006

English atmosphere with lots of brick, low lighting, deep booths (and regular tables for those who prefer them). Check out the cushy bar area with the Scottish prints, subdued tartan rug. Drinks are serious and tasty. Entrees are meat and some game, but also chicken and seafood. I had an appetizer of crab cakes and a salad which was excellent. My dinner companions ate salmon and steak, which both heartily recommended. Wait staff excellent; quick and efficient. We were there on Dec. 10th after a Scottish concert, so a perfect spot to continue the theme. A quartet of Victorian dressed carolers wandered through now and again. Delightful! Very close to 210 frwy, however valet parking only. No street parking nearby.