“Great atmosphere, but...” 3 of 5 bubbles

los angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Go for lunch here, once a year, around the holidays. Love the old style English atmosphere, and the service is good. Convenient parking, in a quieter part of Pasadena.

My wife ordered the hamburger, no cheese. I ordered the Monte Cristo sandwich. Both were overly greasy. In fact I couldn't finish the second half of the Monte Cristo. We both said:"nice place, too bad our food isn't prepared better". Not used to being served greasy food in any restaurant we visit.

May try again next year.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Pasadena, California
“Classic London Style in Pasadena”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I have been a regulars of this lovely establishment for 15 years and we just keep coming back. The British ambiance, the consistently great food and friendly and attentive service make dining at Beckhams a pleasure to be repeated again and again. This is our hometown "go to" spot. I recommend the prime rib, roasted pork, shrimp scampi and liver and onions. The artichoke appetizer is fantastic. For desert, you have to try the sticky toffee pudding. My favorite thing about Beckhams is their $2 per bottle corkage fee. Unbelievable right? Well, it's true and the waiters won't give you any attitude when you bring your own wine. When I miss my favorite city in the world London, I head to Beckhams. If you like classic, old school style and wonderful food, you can't miss with Beckhams!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank MisterBespoke
Atlanta
“British, good service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

It is obvious that the Beckhem has been around for a while.... And the atmosphere is a bit dated; but, a friend took me there while visiting Pasadana.

We enjoyed it! We went for the fish and chips and the roasted duck.... Both were very good! And our service was excellent with good recommendations. The french onion soup, and salads were very good. So , the slightly date atmosphere worked, with good food, drink, and service

Want a pub experience? Go, enjoy a reasonable evening, service and food. Enjoy yourself this is an enjoyable place

“"Our Restaurant"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

It is so hard for us to try new places because Beckham just takes care of all our needs! The steak is amazing. John LOVES the fresh seafood. For me, the appetizers are the best! Great service, excellent bar (thanks to Jose)! Even the valet guys are top notch.

1 Thank JeanJohnG
Moab, UT
“Great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

We had a surprise birthday celebration there last night for 9 guests. The maitre'd was very helpful in holding the table for us until all arrived and made sure the flowers we had ordered had arrived also. The servers were very attentive in the bar and resturant. Food from crab salads to prime rib was delicious. Atmosphere was quiet and beautiful.

• Visited April 2011