“You must try to Pompano Lard Prik. It's out of this world!”

President Thai Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 720 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were quickly seated at a nice table for two, but just behind us, was a large family group with children and quite noisy, so we asked to be moved across the room. That helped.

We started off with chicken satays with a lovely peanut sauce. There were six, which is quite generous. Then, we moved on to soup and ordered Tom Yum Goong, which was served in a metal dish with fire coming up through the middle funnel, to keep it hot. Once again, the serving was very generous with lots of large shrimp and mushrooms in a spicy stock with chili and lemon grass. As it says, "Yum"! Then, we ordered Thai Fried Rice, again... very good. My friend chose Pad Thai and I decided to try Pompano Lard Prik. I just knew it was fish with peppers and garlic. I was blown away to get a whole deep-fried fish on a bed of romaine and a luscious sauce. They made several large slits in the side, so it was easy to cut off pieces. I couldn't believe how delicious this was! The skin was crispy and wonderful and the Pompano was absolutely fabulous... a white fish with no fishy taste, tender and delicious. I managed to eat one whole side and took the rest home for another meal!

I checked closer Thai restaurants to me, but they don't have Pompano. I guess that I'll have to schedule another pilgrimage to East Pasadena for this delectable dish!
It's definitely worth a trip!

By the way, the service was very good.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Being a thai food enthusiast, I decided to give this place a shot with my family judging from the great Yelp reviews. After a looong time of eating pad thai filled with soy and fish sauce, this place finally got pad thai right with a heaping serving and fresh ingredients and true pad thai flavor. The yellow curry was also very good as well as the chicken satay! The fried wontons filled with chicken and served with honey as dipping sauce were also very good and accompanied each entree. The thai boba iced tea was mostly ice and the floors were not very clean when we went; other than that, the food here was wonderful and adequately priced, especially the lunch specials!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I love President Thai, they have a great menu, nice service, and delicious food. I think the price is fair for the quality food you get. If you go with friends you can choose different dishes and share. The best thai restaurant in Pasadena.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I did not like this place, the food choices on the menu was mostly fish and seafood, and the food was smaller portions and higher prices than others of this nature. I tried the curry dish, chicken satay and the coconut soup. I did like the coconut soup but did not like anything else. Save your money eat somewhere else.

1  Thank coosbaygal
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went with friends to celebrate a birthday and ordered a coconut shrimp soup that was delicious! Even though we were a bit late, the did not rush us and the service was as good as the food. Will deftinitely put it near the top of our list for Thai food in Pasadena.