“sign up for the coupons!”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Buca di Beppo
Ranked #227 of 716 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Delacey
Transit: Public transit bus at Colorado Blvd stop. Metro transit at Del Mar Station stop.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

great coupons when signing up on the email list! great food! huge portions!

it had a very fun atmosphere. the service what great and prompt. I never had to ask for more water!

There are newer reviews for Buca di Beppo

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have not been able to figure out why there is always a wait for a table, but if you go inside, there are plenty of tables. Making a reservation is difficult, either by phone or online. A few weeks ago we tried calling this restaurant, they told us there was a 45 minute wait. We arrived and were immediately taken to a table! What?! We tried the restaurant in Claremont last night on the way to the Hollywood Bowl, same thing. Our solution? By-pass the sweet, but ditzy folks at the reception desk and proceed immediately into the bar, where you can order your drinks and dinner, served by very friendly and efficient bar staff. We haven't actually sat in the restaurant for ages. The Pasadena Buca has two tables in the bar area, so you might get lucky and score one of them. The food is consistently good, Italian comfort-style. Remember the portions are family size, so one person can't (or shouldn't) eat it all! Join their club and you'll get nice coupons for your birthday and anniversary. Love this place, now that we've figured out how to get in! I'd give 5 bubbles for service, except for the weird handlers at the reception desk.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would have given this 5 stars but for my husband and I it is not a practical place to go eat as we eat very little. Last night we had the stuffed Mancotti and it was delicious. Really delicious.

We would have liked a salad to but we eat so little and the salads were huge, and we are not going to spend $11 on food to throw away. I would have been nice to try the meatball but again way too large. When I could eat it wasn't a problem because i could really clean my plate but Bariatric surgery has ended that but I am so impressed with the taste of everything.

Next time we go we will take another couple.

I love the atmosphere and all the photos on the walls. It is a great place to go.

I do miss my favorite waiter, Justin, who would sing opera for me. Love that guy and miss him.

It asks about reservations, I'm truly not sure but I assume they do, the only negative is the parking, but there is a parking structure nearby. And it is a fantastic place to go.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

went there for father's day. went at lunch time and place was not crowded. we got seated right away and served immediately. Food were big portions and taste good.
Note: when ordering spaghetti - make sure you ask for extra sauce- otherwise it would be dry. we also ordered extra meat balls.
I would recommend the salad with green apples. It was delicious.
Price was reasonable
The lady taking pictures charges you $10 per photo, I think it is better to take your own pictures and bring your own camera

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had lasagna and it tasted not even as good as the lasagna I get from the freezer in the local grocery store. It was edible, but both my meal and my spouses weren't good enough to come back to use the second coupon we had.

bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? Please make sure to include the location in your e-mail. We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.