“delightful atmosphere, delicious food”
Review of Burger Continental - CLOSED

Burger Continental
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Norfolk, Nebraska
“delightful atmosphere, delicious food”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We happened into Burger Continental for a late Sunday lunch and found it to be a gem! The food is delicious and the salads on the salad bar were EXCEPTIONAL! Burgers were very generous and had toasted buns which always adds to the flavor. Cost for the burgers, salad bar, dessert bar AND drinks was very reasonable. The casual, rustic atmosphere was relaxing and inviting. There was also a solo singer (with backgound CD's) and when he took a break, a belly-dancer came to entertain the guests. Our waitress went out of her way to be kind and gracious to us as well. It felt like a family-owned, family-managed business, but I do not know that for sure. However, this is truly a restaurant worth visiting -- whether local or tourist.

• Visited December 2013

Alhambra, California
“Breakfast Disaster”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I thought from a brief glance at the ratings that perhaps the place wasn't too bad though I had not selected the place. To start, the others were late so I started with a coffee. It was barely hot though better than some coffee I have had at some other strange places. We ordered when all had arrived - nothing special - 2 eggs with supposedly hash browns with some vegetables embedded , zucchini bread and a couple of pancakes. The plate was cold as were the eggs, hash browns and pancakes. The zucchini bread had no taste. I ate the eggs and the hash browns, but nothing else. I almost always eat everything - my parents came out of the depression so you must understand how truly bad what I was served. Another minor point - it had been closed in September by the health department in Pasadena. That did not give me pause as most health departments are too immersed in the details of grease. I don't know about the burgers, but a warning to those who could be expecting perfection.

• Visited December 2013
Westminster, California
“Yummy Armenian Food!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is Armenian food and American food. If you go with an Armenian friend you will get more attention from the owner.

I have gone to this place since 1990. I love it. I have never had a bad dish here.

I have asked to have my dish modified. Add this. Subtract that. Substitute this instead. It is never a problem. Food is made to order per whatever you want.

I tend to order lamb dishes. They do lamb well.

When I go to Pasadena for the Huntington Library or the Norton Simon Museum I eat here.

Parking is behind in the parking lot for the super market. Parking on the street is metered and hard to find. Park in the back.

The back is patio seating. The front is patio seating. Then there is inside seating. I prefer to sit outside. It is big place.

I order my meal and it is so much food I take half of it home.

• Visited October 2013
Pitt Meadows, BC
“Honest and Delicious Burger!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a family run restaurant, the owner is very passionate and caring. The building is quite unique as it sits between two buildings. The burgers are delicious not to mention LARGE. Probably be able to feed 2. We had the mushroom and house burgers served with fries, of course, each meal comes with soup and salad. Great value... $6.99. Paid parking on the street.

• Visited November 2013
Long Beach, California
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I guess I went after the restaurant got closed for failing to pass health inspections in Sept. The food doesn't seem as good as it used to be. One word get your burger well done! The place always was built funny and you can eat outside too. I probably won't go back even for old times sake.

• Visited October 2013