“Yummy Armenian Food!”
Review of Burger Continental - CLOSED

Burger Continental
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Westminster, California
“Yummy Armenian Food!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is Armenian food and American food. If you go with an Armenian friend you will get more attention from the owner.

I have gone to this place since 1990. I love it. I have never had a bad dish here.

I have asked to have my dish modified. Add this. Subtract that. Substitute this instead. It is never a problem. Food is made to order per whatever you want.

I tend to order lamb dishes. They do lamb well.

When I go to Pasadena for the Huntington Library or the Norton Simon Museum I eat here.

Parking is behind in the parking lot for the super market. Parking on the street is metered and hard to find. Park in the back.

The back is patio seating. The front is patio seating. Then there is inside seating. I prefer to sit outside. It is big place.

I order my meal and it is so much food I take half of it home.

• Visited October 2013

Pitt Meadows, BC
“Honest and Delicious Burger!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a family run restaurant, the owner is very passionate and caring. The building is quite unique as it sits between two buildings. The burgers are delicious not to mention LARGE. Probably be able to feed 2. We had the mushroom and house burgers served with fries, of course, each meal comes with soup and salad. Great value... $6.99. Paid parking on the street.

• Visited November 2013
Long Beach, California
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I guess I went after the restaurant got closed for failing to pass health inspections in Sept. The food doesn't seem as good as it used to be. One word get your burger well done! The place always was built funny and you can eat outside too. I probably won't go back even for old times sake.

• Visited October 2013
Kimberly, Idaho
“homey, hearty food, generous”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My fiancee started eating at Burger Continental in 70s as a starving undergrad at nearby Caltech. The last couple years his Bicycle club fellows also rendezvous here for beer and hearty food after their weekend rides.
9/18/13- we brought out of town family for a quick bite after sightseeing, before sending them off to the airport. The Lamb Shish Kebab Royal order came with a scoop of garlicky mash potatoes and sides of Eggplant Yogurt and Hummus. The Lamb was tenderloin cut!
My Greek Lamb Gyros Pita sandwich was delicious with zaziki sauce.
The Falafel Sandwich had 12 secret spices and tahini sauce.
All the above 3 orders came with sides of Rice Pilaf, a bowl of Lentil soup and unlimited Salads from the Buffet. It is a lot of food for a reasonable price. My fiancee reminisced about the Salad bar spread being much better in the past.
A live Dixieland band was playing since it was Wednesday. It was good to see motivated seniors pursuing hobbies. The female vocalist was good.
Our server, Sherry was very cheerful, helpful and attentive throughout.
The restaurant is basically cobbled out of a sidewalk between 2 buildings, so it is rough-hewn, not for snobbish diners! I noted the Salad station is just outside of the ladies rest-room. (Eek-factor). The furnishing and kitchen is worn and tired. But I bet a lot of students and working folks of modest means are only grateful to eat here for very little money.
Sherry said they do more catering now. I hope Burger Continental continue to prosper.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Not just Burgers”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Bigger place then it looks from the front, good food, friendly owner. Good place for large get togethers

• Visited July 2013