“Fraud alert” 1 of 5 bubbles

Kings Row Gastropub
Ranked #83 of 693 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fair Oaks
Transit: Corner of Fair Oaks and Colorado Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA
“Fraud alert”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Friend and I walked in on a recent weekday lunch, we were the only two customers in the joint. Ordered a beer, soda, a couple of burgers with the bartender. $52 later, she told us we can sit anywhere we like so we decided to enjoy the outdoor terrace which is really nice.

Food arrived 10-15 minutes later by a server which during the course of our 1.5 lunch, we never saw again. We had to walk back inside to the bar to get a refill of a soda. Not a single person came to check on us. While the service was horrible, the food was excellent.

Two days later, while reviewing my online banking account, I see a charge for $62 from Kings Row. I look at my original receipt, and sure enough I only purchased $52 worth of food/drinks. I did not leave a tip due to the horrible service. Apparently, the bartender decided to add a 20% gratuity to our bill. Wow, really? For a party of two, during lunch, and you never came out to even offer a soda refill?

Shame on you Kings Row. You really don't have to stoop down to that level. Maybe that's why your place is empty.

After calling and complaining to the manager, I demanded a full refund which they obliged. In addition,I have filed a complaint with the L.A. County Dept. of Consumer Affairs for overcharging. Again, be careful of your CC charges with this joint! If you must go, use CASH and demand better service.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joidevivre

London, United Kingdom
“GIN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very strong gin cocktails.... dangerous! Nice outside seating area, I ate a burger but was too drunk to remember what it tasted like. Sure it was nice! Good jukebox downstairs!

Visited April 2012
Pasadena, California
“PLEASE don't waste your time...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I actually waited until after the SECOND time I went here to review this place thinking that this place might get better with age.. I was wrong..
I'm going to be quick and to the point..

1. The service out party received the first visit was HORRIBLE... Literally had to ask more than one person to refresh our water and to order cocktails...

2. "gastro pub"? The food was almost laughable, seriously. I ordered this shrimp sandwich thingy and it was literally HARD toast some garlic spread and shrimp.. That's IT!! I thought it was a joke..

3. Out of the EIGHT entrees we ordered on all the visits only one was "decent".. (I will add that the second visit was MUCH better as far as service though.. So at least they're improving some)

There are so many other options on Colorado Blvd, maybe you should give them a try first.. Sorry guys..

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FreddyTwoHands
San Pietro di Feletto, Veneto, Italy
“Good food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Ribeye, bacon and asparagus with an excellent beer. Also belgian beers.

• Visited January 2012
Pasadena, California
“THE BEST LOCALS BAR IN PASADENA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Amazing selection of beers. GREAT PUB FOOD. Family friendly atmosphere. Think - Cheers the TV show, or a Brasserie in Paris. Sports, and three distinct crowds. Lunch. Dinner for families till 7PM. After 7 the crowd gets younger and louder.