“Another Favorite in Pasadena, CA”
Review of Cafe 140 South

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Green St.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this place! It is my favorite little bistros in Pasadena. Nice variety of food - grilled artichokes and steak salad are my favorites! Burgers, steaks, sandwiches and chicken are also available. Service is always excellent. Since I generally come here for a late lunch, I have never noticed the noise level. Will return here again and again!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This restaurant is right across the street from my office, so of course we are there ... alot! But lucky us that the local spot is so very good! The tortilla soup and the pasts are are always exceptuional. The burger is excellent. Best onion rings on the planet. And the Thai salad is amazing. The patio is nice, year-round, which is good because the acoustics inside are NOT conducive to conversation. But the service is always warm and friendly and fast. The rolls that come out first are surprisingly good, too. I have eaten probably 50 - 60 meals here and never had a bad one. Wow!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

There are a lot of good restaurants in Pasadena, but we seldom make the drive from La Canada because of the traffic and parking. Decided to risk it on a Thursday night. There was plenty of room in the restaurant. At one point, we were the only couple in the room off the bar area. We didn't have any of the problems mentioned in some TA reviews. The service was prompt and polite. I had the braised short ribs and my wife had the herb-crusted Mahi Mahi. Both were excellent. The wine prices for a bottle are a bit high, but a good selection. Reasonable charge for wine by the glass, and they have a nice selection of draft beers. Finally, they validate parking in the close garage. Only $1 for our fairly short visit.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was after a light evening meal during a work trip and 140 provided just what I wanted: beautiful fresh salad and vegetarian pasta with a nice outside table. Oh, and a pretty fine margarita! Service was excellent.

(I first came here 7 years ago with two colleagues when it was presumably under the old name "Crocodile Cafe".)

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great Thai salad. Good varied menu. Very consistent and reliable food. Attentive and good-natured service. One very serious problem: so noisy you can't talk. This place is right across the street from my office and we would go twice as often if only we could talk over lunch!