“I don't know if I will be back!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mijares Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #280 of 705 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Mexican
“I don't know if I will be back!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I went to celebrate a family member birthday and the service was not impressive at all. The food was not what I was expecting.
I did not try the drinks! We left to another place Instead.

• Visited September 2012

Pasadena, California
“Used to be better”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a neighbor hood restaurant, we have 2 Mijares in town, this one is referred to as "Little Mijares"

Something happened to our favorite ""go as you are" Mexican place. They had a guy with a bushy mustache who thought it great fun to make the salsa so hot it burned the mouth so bad. He would just laugh about it.

I fail to see the humor in that as small children go there with families and they can't have it as it burns so badly.

That guy is not there but that salsa is still way beyond my mouth or many others. There is a very nice lady there that will bring me some Pico De Gallo, and I can mix a bit but why???? It makes no sense to me.

Most of the Mexican restaurants we go to, do have a very hot salsa but it is available on request. Otherwise they serve mild to medium salsa, but not ungodly hot.

The food used to be very good, but 2 weeks ago we went and there were bone chips in the ground beef. In other things we find the quality is not what it used to be.

It used to be a very nice place, the chip guy is a real sweetie and takes good care of us.

It needs a lot of work to bring it back up to par.

• Visited January 2013
“good, hole in the wall Mexican food. I've nicknamed this one the Mijaries outlet; it's still the really good food you...”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

good, hole in the wall Mexican food. I've nicknamed this one the Mijaries outlet; it's still the really good food you expect at one Mijaries on Pasadena Ave; but the decor is strip-mall.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice little spot.... sister restaurant to the Pasadena Ave location”
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Nice little spot.... sister restaurant to the Pasadena Ave location

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Rib-eye steak delicious...”
Reviewed December 23, 2007

Rib-eye steak delicious. Best trio music in town. Good for dates or family reunions. Parking challenging (sometimes).

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook