“Chicken wings!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The chicken wings were absolutely great. We had them with grits, which were also very good. We will be back.

There are newer reviews for Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I didn't think there was anything special about their fried chicken, but I LOVED their waffles. It has a slight hint of cinnamon which was absolutely divine!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went here while in Pasadena and it was yummy. Don't miss it if you are in the area. This was my first time having Chicken and waffles so I was very pleased. We read all the good reviews before we went and we were very happy .

1  Thank Phylzone
Reviewed September 4, 2012

First time eating here, and wanted to see what all the hype was about, and i must say i was not disappointed. I would forgo my favorite place IHOP for their chicken and waffles. The absolute best!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had passed this restaurant while visiting friends in Pasadena, heard a lot of positive reviews from co-workers and read a lot of positive reviews on TripAdvisor so I decided my husband and I needed to try it. Additionally our president, Obama, had recently been to the Los Angeles Pico site. There was a photo hanging on the wall of this location. So I was curious. We ate during off peak times -- on Labor Day @ 4 p.m. Service was excellent. The waiter was very polite and brought water without my request multiple times which is always a bonus with me. Since we had never had been there before I asked the waiter for a recommendation. I got the #1 -- two waffles and southern fried chicken. My husband decided to try a combo -- fried chicken, rice, beans and corn bread. When the food arrived, my waffles were topped with a huge glob of butter with two miniature pitchers of syrup on the side. This meal was served with NO vegetables. This food combo was defintely different than anything I usually ate, but I did eat mine all. The chicken was crispy and hot. The waffles were tasty. I did push most of the butter off to the side and used a bit at a time on my waffles as needed. This meal would definitely increase my cholesterol level. I did taste my husband's corn bread and I wasn't impressed. My husband said the rice and beans were tasteless. I came home with a slightly upset stomach and downed a Sprite to cut down all that grease -- I am use to having a lot of veggies with my meals. Would we go again? --- No. Would we recommend it? --- Maybe. Just to try once and not during peak hours nor to go out of the way. Oh, and by the way... don't go try this place if you plan on/are scheduled to having lab work done soon after!