“Best Mexican food in Pasadena”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Nueva Posada Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #403 of 703 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Mexican
Pasadena, California
“Best Mexican food in Pasadena”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

La Nueva Posada is a wonderful restaurant. Peter, our server, is outstanding. He makes us feel like family. My favorite items are the carnitas burrito and the tostada. Brunch is exceptional too.
Great margaritas!

• Visited May 2014

Santa Clarita, California
“INTENTIONALLY OVERCHARGED!!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

LIVING SOCIAL USERS BEWARE!!!

I was OVERCHARGED approx. $5 because we used a Living Social deal! The bill should have been around $11 but was mysteriously $23.20. The waitress hand wrote the bill very sloppy hoping we wouldn't notice the extra padding on the bill. When I asked the waitress about the bill she said it was sales tax and gratuity (20% on a party of 3). But the bill still didn't add up... and I think a Yelp reviewer explained why! Not only were we charged sales tax on the entire bill before the Living Social discount was applied but we were also charged sales tax on the Living Social deal itself - which is ILLEGAL! The Living Social deal was paid for in full when it was purchased from Living Social. You can't collect sales tax after the fact! No doubt they are pocketing these extra charges to recoup part of the discount they are offering!

Overall I thought the food was ok but the service we received was terrible! I presented our Living Social deal when we first sat down like you are supposed to do. Once she knew we were using a coupon she paid very little attention to us. No chip refills. No drink refills. All of the repeat customers around us were treated very well! She knew their names, what they usually order... even welcomed them with hugs!

Here's what I don't understand... the whole point of doing a Living Social deal is to get new customers to try your restaurant and hopefully they become repeat customers, right? So then why on earth would you treat them poorly and steal from them? Lol. If you don't want people to use coupons at your establishment then why sign up for Living Social in the first place?

I will be contacting Living Social to let them know what it going on!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank CrystalLH
“Something new”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We asked some friends to join us for dinner and all opted for Mexican food. We have been going to La Nueva Posada for many years and have always had a good meal. This time my wife and our friends wife allowed Peter to select their dinner. They had a new enchilada the was so new it didn't have a name! They are still talking about it and both thought it was the best they have ever had. They both highly recommend it. Just ask Peter for the mystery enchilada. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“delicioso”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

When I arrived here, the waitress served us with a basket of tortilla chips and salsa sauce. For my lunch, I tried chicken enchiladas and horchata (Horchata is the name of several kinds of traditional beverages, made of ground almonds, sesame seeds, rice, barley, or tigernuts), I like them very much. The food portion is a big portion for me. The restaurant ambience and service are also nice. I recommend this restaurant, if you want to try Mexican Food Restaurant in Pasadena :)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank peony_89
Pasadena, California
“Love Peter and his family!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It had been quite a while since we have gone to La Nueva Posada but when I picked up one of my husbands secretaries she suggested this. I am so glad she did.

La Nueva is a family owned and operated by family members. Most visible at lunch time are Peter and Martha and Mama!!! They have one of the most reasonable lunch menu that includes a non alcoholic beverage for about $7.50.

Today for the first time I had a chicken enchilada verde, actually it was 2 for the lunch, and they were so good with the chicken nicely seasoned. Love the salsa and chips and the service is quick and with much friendliness.

Best of all, if you are a great customer like we are, you can be rewarded with a scoop of ice cream. Today we must have been very good because it came on delicious hot apple cobbler. It was wonderful.

La Nueva is closed on Monday. Today was quite nice as the decorations from Cinco De Mayo and Mothers Day were still up and it was very pretty in the restaurant.

I hope you will enjoy this and say hello to Peter for me!!

Oh what a silly question they started this survey with...Is this the best meal ever....in it's own way, but gee, everywhere I go is usually good, if not I don't go back.

• Visited May 2013