“Very Good Food But Way to Expensive”
Review of Arroyo Chop House

Arroyo Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Arroyo Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 701 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: California Ave.
Description: Ever-popular in the Pasadena area for the ultimate in business dinners, special-occasion dining and after-work cocktails hand crafted by the mixologists-Chop House has a broad appeal. USDA Prime Steaks, served exclusively, are aged, hand-cut daily, and perfectly seared in a 500 degree oven. Traditional steakhouse side dishes include creamed spinach, roasted garlic-mashed potatoes and massive asparagus spears. All desserts are made in-house including the signature Chocolate and Grand Marnier Souffles. The strikingly handsome restaurant exudes a youthful energy that gives the time-honored dining concept universal appeal. Our seasoned staff makes every effort to ensure our guests a remarkable dining experience and are happy to help guide them through the award-winning wine list.
Pasadena, California
“Very Good Food But Way to Expensive”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This place charges way too much for inconsistent food. I had great steaks and fish there and then steak and fish that lacked flavor. I dont see the need to go there again. I never know if its worth the money.

Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
Universal City,Ca
“Just perfect!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was recommended to this restaurant and it was a special occasion for us.
My criteria was great steak and nice ambiance(and good service)
The Chop House went beyond in all Expectations.
I also wanted to bring in my own cake,and they were more than accomadating.
Great menu,excellent food,and impeccable service!!

• Visited September 2012
“Wife's birthday”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I wanted a place special for my wife's birthday. Only three of us including our daughter to make the experience more private. Able to get reservation with no problem and the wife was happy with the flowers. The ambience of the whole place is good and no complaints about the service. I want to try the steak here because of other reviews and I have to try it and compare. Sadly, I was not totally satisfied with my cowboy ribeye. The meat is juicy and tender but missing flavor. I have to give credit to the different sauce that accompanied the steak. It gives a different twist to the steak. Appetizer could be a little pricey like the shrimp which I expected a little bit bigger. The scallops wrapped in bacon is a bit salty. Overall experience still good.

“HIgh class”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

High class and high quality food and libations. The steaks are second to none and the accompanying dishes, especially the scalloped potatoes and the snow peas, are scrumptious and consistent at every visit. Sticker price can be a bit shocking but the the food is worth every penny and then some.

Visited May 2012
Pasadena, California
“Great bar, good atmosphere”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

It is a bit pricey, but worth it. Service is impeccable and the food is on par with its competition.

Visited May 2012