“not worth it in any way”
Review of Mi Piace

Mi Piace
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Piace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 705 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fair Oaks
N/A
“not worth it in any way”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

recently took 3 guest to mi piace on a sunday. we had confirmed reservations and there was a CROWD. young kid hostess said essentially 'everyone was confirmed but that it did NOT matter. ' We waited 40 minutes, then walked across Colordao blvd. , had terrific lunch of same type menu and maybe better price at Louises Trattoria.We were seated immediately, loved our food and our server..wonder what mi piace myth is? being seen? not worth it in any way when delightful alternate a few yards away! have been back twice to Louise's, wil never go to mi piace again!.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank susanrose2374

• Korean first
Los Angeles
“Not Worth the Wait”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

1.5 out of 5

Came here in February to celebrate both my dad and my birthdays. Looked on Yelp and found this place. What a disappointment!

We made reservations for 12pm. Arrived 10 minutes before our reservation time. Ended up waiting until nearly 12:30pm. What the hell was the point of making a reservation when we just ended up being seated the same as walk ins??

This place crams as much tables as possible into their limited dining space. Our table was next to the waiter station. So literally every single waiter kicked my chair as they were passing by trying to get whatever they needed. This happened through my entire meal.

Food:
-Calamari Fritti ($11.95): This was pretty good. Not overly battered. Came with 2 types of dipping sauce.
-Scampi ($18.50): This was my dad's dish. The shrimp was overcooked. It had the texture of rubber.
-Pescatore ($19.50): This was my mom's dish. Stew-like dish. The portion was very generous and she liked it very much. Lots of flavor.
-Vongole Veraci ($14.95): This was what I order. Very disappointing! Small portion. Bland.

Would not recommend. Would never come back here again.

Visited February 2013
Pasadena, California
“Excellent Food. The Wait Here Can Be Long.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I think this is the best Italian restaurant in Pasadena. I like the dish with the mussels and angel hair pasta. The problem is that it is no secret that their food is really good. Plan on waiting if you get there at prime time.

“Great location!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I was not amazed by the breakfast menu. I had some eggs and chorizo and they were ok. The place is to crowded to really enjoy s meal and a conversation.

Service was very nice! I liked that. I will go back to try the dinner menu.
MD

• Visited January 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Chic place with good food in Old Town Pasadena. Excellent service. Real "California" feel. I can highly recommend the Greek salad and the veal scallopini. Our party liked everything that was ordered.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Mi Piace? Share your experiences!