“Great Margaritas !!”

Mijares Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mijares Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 711 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pasadena Ave.
Transit: Bus stop at California Blvd. and Fair Oaks Avenue or the Metro Gold Line to the Fillmore Station.
Pasadena, California
“Great Margaritas !!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My 4 stars goes to the margaritas and to the soups, especialy menudo. Staff is great. Fun atmosthere. Love to seat at one of the patios and the owners are always there to make sure you are well served. Food overall is average.

• Visited October 2012

Salisbury, Connecticut
“Excellent Brunch”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Sunday brunch is a very large selection of dishes covering most tastes. From ceviche to tacos made to order to the pastry table, you can eat far more good food than one should.
This the best Mexican Reataurant I have been to in a long time( in the US)
Save room for dessert.

• Visited September 2012
Seal Beach, California
“Salad on the patio - wonderful”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I come for lunch with my mother often. We like the outdoor patio year round. Salads are great. Service is good. Tacos well spiced and flavorful.

• Visited July 2012
Los Angeles
“Good Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Nice place known for it's happy hour Margaritas. The food is very good, flavor full, though its hard to mess up Mexican food. I have had the chimichanga. fajita de camarones, and the garbage burrito. All very good, though I must admit I prefer the food at El Portal a little bit more.

Visited January 2012
Fresno, California
“This is twice now...”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I recently visited this restaurant with a group of my closet friends for my birthday. I was excited to revist this place as I now live out of the area.I made reservations over the phone and was told that there would be accomodate my group and there would be a 15% gratuity added to the total of the over all bill. They also told me they would not split up the bill for large parties. Not a problem.
I remember sitting on the patio and was hoping to do the same for this evening. However, the rain prevented that. We really enjoyed our meal and the servers was very friendly. The food was hot and tasty.
We received our bill. We were told we could not put it on our credit card as their machine was down. So we quickly pulled the funds together from the group. My husband was in charge and gathered it all up. He counted it several times to make sure we had the right amount.
We then left the restaurant. As we went out it was raining..so we waited under the covering just outside the entrance as we pulled cars around. When a staff member ran out and said that the gratuity was NOT included in the total! hummmm ok that's NOT what we were told. He went inside. Another man came out and said ...the tip was included but we shorted the check by $28.00! Now I was upset. We most certainly did NOT! They went back in a second time...as I told them we paid cash and you better recount the money we gave you.
Unfortunately, this happened BEFORE a LONG time ago. I certainly didn't think this would happen again. Is this something they do? The first time many years back they said we shorted them and then we put what they said on a credit card and they double charged the card!! I was really upset then. But now, years later they are pulling this line again? I have been there inbetween, but with only small groups so of course I thought the first time was just a bad run. I am thinking that is not the case now. I warn you if you have a large group to make sure you give them the money and they count it in front of you. UGH : /

• Visited March 2012