“This place is great with hearty food, but it's not a bargain”
Review of Marston's

Marston's
Ranked #16 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I tried Marston's because I recently started working in Pasadena and it was close to my office. I went here for breakfast on a weekday and parking was abundant and it was at tops 40% full. I am only a 2 year resident to the LA area, but noticed one of the Los Angeles mayoral candidates talking campaign strategy with some associates on the next table over. That is a good sign! I had their blueberry pancakes and were delicious! The service was prompt and I was finished without being rushed in 35 minutes. I would try them again and for other meals as well.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We walked out because it was just getting worse. I will not ever go back. Parking is awful too. Not sure why it draws a crowd.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Went on a late Sat. Morning, there was quite a wait, but sat at the 4 person counter. The server recommended the corn flake French toast which was fantastic! My husband's omelette was great. They offer fresh squeezed oj. Homey fun place with personable servers.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great little breakfast nook. Had to wait a while but it was worth it. Ate there twice during our weekend. Quick service once seated and great hot coffee, eggs, etc. Very popular.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our family has eaten at this restaurant a few times over the years. The atmosphere used to be more quaint, truly like the inside of one's home. Some of that charm has been lost with whatever renovations have been done over the years. Now it just looks like a restaurant inside a house. Food-wise, the portions are very large and the quality if adequate. They are famous for their French toast, which we found certainly tasty, but ultimately it left one feeling full, but not in a contented way. The oatmeal one of us had was fine, but nothing special. The omelette had vegetables that were cut too large; the scrambled eggs were rather greasy, and the breads served were nothing special. There is always a long wait for this restaurant on weekends, but one could surely do better with a nicely prepared meal at home, and the bill would be quite a bit less. When we go out to eat at a place that charges $5 for a glass of OJ, we expect something better than what we can do for ourselves at home. This restaurant doesn't fulfill that order, to be sure.