“Great food, great athmosphere!”
Review of Houston's

Houston's
Ranked #2 of 718 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Food excellent, especially the appetizers and the steaks. Great wine selection, and the sparklings are worth the try. Service efficient, but could be friendlier. Not a quiet spot, too busy and loud for a dating dinner, but great for a party of friends.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've frequented several Houston's locations, but the one in Pasadena I've visited most.
If you want to treat yourself to something special, the Hawaiian Ribeye cannot be beat!
On a lower budget the French Dip or Bacon Cheeseburger is great too.
I usually can take or leave French Fries, but the shoestring ones served here are the absolute best! If there is a wait to be seated, I usually stand over by the grill watching them cook. In doing so more than once, they've given me a free plate of shoestring french fries to eat while waiting!!
Service has always been great no matter what location.

1  Thank TRR1011
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We drove up to Pasadena from SD to attend UCLA's first game of the season on 8/31. And because It was also my wife's birthday, we decided to celebrate it pre-game at Houston's. It was our first time to this particular Houston's but we were familiar with the chain.

Food: Our review is positive here but mixed. Compared to other places, Houston's menu is smallish. Some may view this as focus, and some may view it as limiting. Positives: Thai steak & noodle salad. It was to die for. Not a lot of options for the picky eater that is my 12 year old son. We went with the burger, which was good. But $16 though? Black beans and rice as an app for my Cuban wife...eh, not so much. Her Long Island Iced Tea got her merry in a hurry : )

Décor: On a hot/humid day after a long drive, it was a nice oasis in which to arrive. The darkened environment with modern accents complemented the bossa nova playing throughout. We understand why there was a line of people waiting as we were leaving.

Service: You love when a restaurant realizes it made a mistake and corrects it. Service in general was good but I asked for a candle on top of the dessert for the birthday girl but we didn't get it. They quickly provided one when asked again but then gave us a second dessert and comped both of them. Nice save!

Overall a positive experience, which easily could have been

1  Thank finanseer
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went on a weeknight. Suggest making a reservation or you may wait a while. The BBQ ribs, filet mignon and Arctic Char were great. The staff was very attentive. I will definitely return.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great steaks, fantastic ribs... I just love it. Such quality doesn't come cheap and the wine list is even worse but when you want a good night out this is the place to comes