“Superb”
Review of Bistro 45

Bistro 45
Ranked #16 of 799 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2018

My wife and I stopped in last week, last minute, and were fortunate enough to be seated. What can I say? From the starters (perfection) through the dessert - perfect. Also helped that they've a beautiful wine selection and their wait staff are professional, courteous and the service is top drawer. First class all the way. We'll definitely be returning.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 13, 2018

We started with and shared the Beet Salad which delighted our senses; the perfect array of small bites beautifully executed. Next, my guy had the Alaskan Salmon which was served crisped side up and a generous portion at that. I opted for the medallions of Petaluma duck breast which was served with fresh carrots and broccolini. Both were delicious. Closing the meal, we delighted in a perfect trio of very lemony desserts and a chocolate brownie and peanut butter ice cream, neither of which were cloying, striking the perfect chord. The coffee and cappuccino were as to be expected, and the house brought us a complimentary Taylor Ruby Port, which was not only satisfying but like a kiss goodnight. Just lovely. The help was amenable and the environment was California cool; a soft grey palette with comfortable seating.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Came here in a group of six to celebrate the retirement of one of our group. Each of us had a different entree and every one of us declared that our meal was wonderful. We brought our own very special wines and very special treatment was afforded for our wine and for us by our server and personably by Robert Simon. A memorable event in every respect. On a Saturday night it was noisy but happy with a number of special events in progress.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

I lived in Southern California for more than 25 years -- and in Pasadena for 10+ -- but somehow I never got to Bistro 45. (It's on a street I rarely traveled, and I would forget that it was somewhere I had not visited. Pasadena, after all, has more restaurants than other cities of its size -- and more are opening all the time.)

Well, I finally got here last week while back in town. It was outstanding. The owner greeted our three-person party at the door, and he checked back with us a few times during our dinner to ensure all was going well. The roasted vegetable salad was terrific and my fish special of the day was one of the best I've had anywhere. I will absolutely recommend Bistro 45 to others going forward. I'm sorry my first experience was after moving.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

As long as you are prepared for what the check says at the end of your meal...
The dishes are all well presented and tasty. (Although our halibut was a bit on the dry side this evening.) The kitchen is also flexible and accommodating which is especially nice when you can not or do not eat certain things. Don’t be shocked when you look at the red wine list and there are only a few bottles under $100.
The wait staff is attentive and friendly. Our wait person made a mistake (accidentally poured water in a red wine glass) and profusely apologized the rest of the evening. He also gave us all a complimentary glass of wine and desert, which we really appreciated.

Date of visit: March 2018