“Good food and service”
Review of Bistro 45

Bistro 45
Ranked #16 of 728 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Good burgers and great specials and service. This restaurant is owned by Smitty's I believe. Or several are owned jointly. Decent food . Service was great.

Reviewed March 6, 2010

This was our favorite in Pasadena because of the range of food , even at a price, and a value wine list. In recent times, the musak has got loader and the service has got sloppy. Several times we have been and asked for a slight variation on a dish, salad dressing separate or extra amount of sauce, only to have the dish arrive as per menu. Food comes to one half of the table then there is 20 min gap for the others. We are not sure why. Still good, just not great.

Reviewed April 28, 2009

Bistro 45 used to be a premier dining destination in Pasadena. However, the owner opened a sister restaurant in Napa and this restaurant suffered a little bit as attentions were paid to the new restaurant. I believe there was also an ownership change at some point.

Long story short, I dined here many times. Service was always very, very good. Atmosphere was about what you'd expect for a nice restaurant. It's actually not all that expensive, especially if you attend a winemaker event. In fact, it got to the point that I only went to the winemaker events. With the wine being poured I sometimes felt the food was almost free. Quality of food was good, but not great featuring staples like osso buco.

In short, I go back for a winemaker's dinner if I really want to try the wine or meet the winemaker. Otherwise, I pass for better options.

Reviewed March 12, 2009

Here is what was great: easy to get a reservation, pretty inside, parking was good
Here is what was not so good: expensive for what you get..I ordered the crab cake entree and all I got was one crabcake...not even a nice side dish of vegetables..also had minestrone soup which was tasty, but not memorable. We ordered dessert too...a little cup of chocolate soup. Now, I know this isn;t MacDonalds, but we were hungry when we left and it cost a lot! The restaurant was more than half empty and on a weekend as well.
The waiter was nice enough...no complaints about service. One would think, in this day when people are not spending a lot to eat out, that they could buck up the portions just a little. I mean, how much can a few zuccini cost?
Debbie

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 18, 2008

good but I can't afford it

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook