“Best Bistro in LA”
Review of Bistro 45

Bistro 45
Ranked #25 of 718 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Have been coming to Bistro 45 for 14 plus years, Recently went back for Valentines and it was amazing! Robert (owner) and Meti (head waiter) and the entire staff are incredible. Our meal was pre-planned but as always the restaurant went above and beyond to make the occasion that much better. The food, ambiance and air are just simply the best. You have to try their tuna tartar (sashimi) appetizer. My favorite is to just tell the waiter on a scale of 1-10 how hungry you are, any allergies and turn the menu back over and say, "I turn this over to you" . You will be amazed beyond all belief and enjoy beyond your wildest dreams.

Try this restaurant, and I promise you will never stop coming!!!

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Consistently terrific, excellent service, and top notch ambience and decor. Never had a bad meal here. They also handle large groups graciously.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I have dined here several times in the past and was always pleased. So I was looking forward to this evening. But this time, it was disappointing. The food was very average. I ordered the root vegetables which was explained to me as carrots, potatoes... Instead, zucchini, squash, beans and mushrooms were served. I ordered the grilled halibut, but it was lightly battered and pan fried, and not very tasty. The Bistro 45 fries were undercooked. The creme brûlée was served before the sugar was caramelized. It just seemed that they were disorganized and the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing. In addition, the owner left around 10:00 pm as if everything was in order, which it really wasn't.
It is unfortunate because in the past, this restaurant was one of favorite places in Pasadena.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

6PM dinner on New Years Eve was wonderful! The restaurant is charming, the menu interesting, food well prepared and ambiance perfect for us. The service was good considering the date and we never felt rushed even though there was a 9PM New Years Eve seating to prepare for. Our meals were excellent and the managers (?) attentive to our experience. We would definitely return to sample the other wonderful offerings.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have eaten at Bistro 45 for over 15 years. Robert Simon, the proprietor, manages an elegant restaurant with delicious food and a comfy atmosphere. There is also a very nice outdoor patio. I've been to business dinners, private functions, intimate dinners at Bistro 45; all have been executed. Regardless of the reason; I have always been treated well here. Yes, the food is expensive, but it is well worth it. I always want to come bacik.