“Highly Recommend”
Review of Cafe Santorini

Cafe Santorini
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Santorini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 703 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Delacy
Transit: 2 blocks away on Holly St.
Description: Tucked in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini is the spot to be in. Offering a variety of delicious Mediterranean dishes and a romantic second floor patio. Perfect for a date, a family gathering or a celebration. Cafe Santorini also offers two large banquet venues in the Rococo Room and Pandora on Green.
Santa Rosa, CA
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I visited with two friends on a week day evening at the suggestion of our hotel concierge. We were not disappointed. We made a 7:15 reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival. We had the choice to sit inside or out, but chose inside as it was a bit chilly.

We received some tasty herb bread when we sat down. The wine list was not overwhelming and we each ordered a glass of wine. I ordered the wild mushroom risotto. Out of this world delicious! The best risotto I have ever had was made by a family member in Italy. This risotto at Cafe Santorini was a very close second. The rice was perfectly al dente with wonderful seasonings and lots of different textured mushrooms. For a first in a long time, I ate every bite.

My dining companions had the beef kabobs and they raved about them. All I know is that I wasn't about to share my risotto.

Although not an inexpensive place to dine, I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion - or just some great risotto.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Dana Point, California
“Pleasant Dining Experience in Old Pasadena”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Hidden away in an alley off Colorado Blvd, Cafe Santorini has a distinct Mediterranean flavor and setting on the second floor. We went mid-week for an early dinner and had attentive service, white table cloth and the food was above average and tasty (Red Curry Risotto and Lamb Shank) and reasonably priced. Though not outstanding, the overall experience was quite satisfying .... we plan to come back again.

New York City, New York
“Nothing to do with Greek food....”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We went to cafe Santorini expecting a good Greek meal. While the menu appears rich and representative of Mediterranean plates, the food is rather mediocre, and does not taste like Greek food. I was disappointed by the food and by the atmosphere.

San Diego, CA
“Good food, very very noisy.”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Service was very good. Food was good, but not outstanding. I would love to go back and give it another chance, but place is very, very noisy. Tables are placed so closely together that you can't help but hear the conversation at the next table. Wanted to love it because I'd heard good things, but would only go back at off hours.

• Visited March 2014
Novato, California
“Enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We just got into town after a long drive and wanted somewhere with good food, nice atmosphere and reasonable prices within walking distance of our hotel. After checking several restaurant review websites, we chose Cafe Santorini and happily for us, this restaurant filled the bill on all accounts. We were 15 minutes early for our 7:15 reservation but were seated immediately. Our server answered any questions we had about the menu, and was very attentive during the meal. I had the walnut and Gorgonzola salad (half) and the eggplant pizza. My husband had the corn chowder and shrimp Saltado. We shared tastes of everything and had different views on the food. He would have given it 3 stars but since it is my review, it gets 4! The salad had a sesame dressing that was an interesting contrast to the usual balsamic dressing often served with this type of salad. The roasted vegetables on the pizza were delicious and we were only able to eat half of it and bring the rest home for lunch. My husband felt that both the soup and shrimp dish were too creamy and rich, but I thought they were garlicky and delicious! We each had a glass of wine from the extensive wine list and the entire bill with tip was under $70.00.