“Great Restaurant - Great Atmosphere”
Review of Cafe Santorini

Cafe Santorini
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Santorini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 746 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Delacy
Transit: 2 blocks away on Holly St.
Description: Tucked in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini is the spot to be in. Offering a variety of delicious Mediterranean dishes and a romantic second floor patio. Perfect for a date, a family gathering or a celebration. Cafe Santorini also offers two large banquet venues in the Rococo Room and Pandora on Green.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've been to Cafe Santorini three times - twice in the past month. There are a lot of stairs in this place but it is well worth the exercise. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The kebobs are outstanding. What I like best about Cafe Santorini is the atmosphere - I've had a romantic dinner there, and I've also had two family get togethers there ... and in both cases, it was a great experience. It is also just one block from Pasadena's Colorado Blvd. - so it is fun to finish dinner, and then walk Colorado Blvd. with a ton of other people. Pasadena is a great city - and Cafe Santorini is a wonderful restaurant ... I highly recommend both!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Restaurants come and go in Old Town Pasadena, but the Cafe Santorini has been there many years because it is consistently a great place to eat. Their specialty is Mediterranean food but there are many treats on the menu from other cuisines. My wife and I went there after the movies this afternoon. We started with sharing the spicy tuna tartar and it was absolutely delicious and there was far too much of it. I wondered how I would be able to finish my entree. My wife had the lamb souvlaki. The lamb was very flavorable and cooked perfectly medium-rare, as she had ordered it. I had the cioppino over linguini, an immense bowl of delicious seafood. We had so much food that we both asked for boxes to take our dishes home -- we'll swap dishes later in the week for dinner. The service was excellent throughout the meal and we ordered a nice sauvignon blanc to wash down the meal. If the weather is compatible, ask for a table on the balcony, where you can watch the world go by downstairs.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was really excellent food served piping hot. If we had been staying in Pasadena longer I would have been in this place every night. 10 out 10 as far as we were concerned. The restaurant is upstairs tucked away in a courtyard with an outdoor patio. Perfect.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very good lunch on the second floor terrace. Good service and ambience. Inalata di fruiti di mare was excellent. Will return.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

There are many levels and rooms to this place so I imagine that quite a few events occur at once alongside the normal diners. The service was a bit slow however the food more than made up for it. Its also a great place for large groups.
We had hummus and a cheese plate that I can't recall the name of as appetizers which were quite good. The house bread basket is also melt in your mouth soft and tasty and they are not stingy with re-fills.
My mouth still waters at the thought of the farafelle al pesto e pollo! The pesto was so fresh and the best that I have had in quite some time. The pizzas are also amazing! We dined with regulars who swear by the menu so take your time knowing that you can't go wrong and ask about the specials!