“Perfect Pasadena Ambiance”

The Raymond Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Raymond Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 788 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Fair Oaks Ave. & Columbia St.
Description: 1886 Bar Hours Tuesday -Thursday 11:30 AM - 12:00 AM Friday 11:30 AM - 2:00 AM Saturday 9:00 AM - 2:00 AM Sunday 9:00 AM - 12:00 AM Happy Hour Tuesday - Friday 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Reviewed September 20, 2018

Three of my friends and I went to the Raymond to celebrate a birthday for one friend and a new job for another. Turned out to be a great choice. Our table was outside next to the fountain and it was so comfortable and relaxing.
Becky was our server and she was a real pro. Knowledgeable about the cocktails and menu, warm and welcoming, attentive, but not too attentive.
I highly recommend the mussels appetizer, the braised short ribs and the scallops main entrees. The strawberry shortcake was just so-so. Not sweet enough and the the shortcake itself was kind of dry and tough. But the creme brûlée and chocolate cake were incredibly delicious.
My only criticism of this place is the driveway coming from the parking lot leading to the front door. It’s awful and should have been replaced years ago. Elderly people and women in heels could have a hard time walking safely.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to go for lunch and it was so good we came back the next day for breakfast. Between the 4 of us we had 8 dishes and all were perfect. The staff was friendly helpful and attentive

Reviewed June 20, 2018

A great place for your next lunch or brunch with a wide variety menu to please your food desires.. Established in 1886 it's a place with a old world ambiences. The hotel was built atop Bacon Hill which lies between Pasadena and South Pasadena and was renamed Raymond Hill with the opening of the hotel in 1886. The original hotel, a grand and unequivocal Victorian edifice was burned to the ground in 1895.

In 1886, Walter Raymond, a Boston native, came to Pasadena and built The Raymond Hotel – a fabulous sunny destination for Easterners looking to escape harsh winter weather. The hotel is long gone that was located on Beacon Hill but the timeless charm of the caretakers home made into the Raymond restaurant is a "Must Dine".

We rated The Raymond 5 Stars for it's beautiful ambiences, and charming old world settings with delicious food..

Reviewed May 28, 2018

I'd give it more stars if I could. We had 3 different appetizers and 4 different entrees and all were superb. I rarely see a menu where there are so many things I really want to have. Pork Belly ... maybe best I've ever had. Mussels ... tender, and the broth and bread divine. We had very attentive service, ate on the patio in front of the fireplace. Each seating area had a different ambiance. There were no tables open on the patio, but a party of 4 generously offered to move ... we then discovered they were the owners, and made sure we had everything we needed. We travel a lot and eat all over the world. This was one of the best restaurant meals we have ever had. I rarely think a restaurant is worth the money ... this one was.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

We came to The Raymond Restaurant based on a recommendation from a friend. Made reservations for brunch. The inside of the restaurant is really nice, but the patio is fantastic. We sat in the patio and you feel really isolated from the street. Our waiter soon arrived to take our drink and food orders. We ordered a Bloody Mary for my wife and an Agave Bravo cocktail for me. We went ahead and ordered our food as well and were told that the food might take a bit since they had some large parties. We said no problem and waited for our drinks to come. Our drinks never came I'm sorry to say. Our food arrived, but we still had no drinks. Shortly after we received our food, then came our drinks, so not a good way to start our brunch. I ordered the Chicken Sandwich and my wife the Togarashi Crusted Ahi. My Chicken Sandwich was pretty bland and even after adding the garlic herb mayo it didn't make it any better. My wife's crusted ahi came as a sandwich as well and she had a hard time enjoying it that way as it kept falling apart as she was eating. She did like her the Ahi Tuna and though it tasted good. She opted for the house salad as her side and she felt that it had too much dressing and was not good. My wife thought her Bloody Mary was too spicy and she was not able to enjoy it. So would we return I'm 50/50 on that one. The atmosphere is nice, but I would probably try their breakfast instead.

1  Thank thematrix