“Good Seafood in Pasadena”

Cameron's Seafood & Market
Ranked #180 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place is pretty good food. Plenty of choices with a market. Reasonably priced and easy to get to. A good place to go after Santa Anita.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Thursday date night on the last day of January 2013 - "let's go to Cameron's.". We have eaten here several times, but not for a while. Part of the reason is the Pasadena parking and traffic. At least Cameron's has parking, but the 210 freeway thru the tunnel into Pasadena was its normal mess, both going and returning. The restaurant is popular, but on this night it was pretty sparse. It has somewhat of a reputation as a place for the geriatric set, and we didn't help. There is a wide variety of seafood on the menu, so one should be able to find something. My wife likes sand dabs, so she ordered that. They were sauteed and OK but they were swimming in butter. I ordered the halibut and salmon kabob, which was tasty but a little over-cooked. The sides were disappointing- the usual sole slaw, baked or mashed potatoes or fries, and uninspired fruit. I must say however that my cole slaw has pretty good, not swimming in watery mayonnaise as it can be. My three sliced tomatoes got one right. The other two were almost too hard to cut with a knife. My wife's baked potato was just a bit smaller than a football. The wine list was disappointing. Too heavy on the Chardonnay, and only one Sauvignon blanc, and that was from a so-so California producer. And what's with all those expensive red wines? Prices are a bit high, but seafood is dear these days. Our selections were near the bottom of the range, only $17 each. Still, a comfortable place for OK seafood, and quiet enough to talk with a light crowd. Our waiter was very good, but was not tested on this night.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a wonderful fish restaurant for someone who is looking for very good food with good service at a reasonable price. I just don't understand the negative reviews and the unfair rap that it is only oldsters. The crowd was a nice mix of ages with no particular group dominating. I went for my birthday dinner with my daughter and had the Barrumundi ($22) (excellent) with steamed veggies after we shared starters of grilled artichokes and steamed clams. Note that the dinner entrees come with two sides which makes it a very good deal in my book. My daughter had the Mahi Mahi and enjoyed her dish as well. Both fish dishes were mesquite grilled and plesantly spiced but not overpowering. The service was very attentive and the waters were refilled promptly. I also had two craft beers ($5.50), an Anchor Steam and a Lagunitas IPA (my daughter was driving). My daugher had a Margarita which was very good.

I have been to this restaurant several times before, but generally at off hours. This was the real test of a good place to see if it can perform at the busy times at the peak of a Friday night crowd. We sat a the very back room next to a window which was a little cold, but that was the only negative. We never had to wait too long to order and the service was properly paced to give us time to eat, but not to require us to wait an unreasonable amount of time. For dessert we shared a generous sized and very tasty pecan pie with vanill ice cream which was complementary because of my birthday.

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here for years and once was a big fan...business has taken me away from pasadena, and when i returned to Cameron's, , the meal was overcooked and flavorless...very disappointing.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I've had very good crab and average crab at this restaurant. I have had crab maybe a dozen times here either as Crab Louie salad or boiled whole crab, It is fresher sometimes and other times it has the taste of too much sea water.. Other broiled and baked fish has been good to excellent. The "sides" are excellent and include mac and cheese, potatoes au gratin, and steamed vegs. I like the booth seating and the sour dough bread that comes immediately. Service is good and prices moderate. As you can see from the number of times I have visited the place I feel it is well worth the effort.