“Service and food were excellent.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Panda Inn Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 693 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rosemead Blvd.
Description: Panda Inn is the source and original inspiration behind the nationally recognized Panda Express restaurants. Andrew Cherng and his father, Master Chef Ming Tsai Cherng, opened the first Panda Inn in Pasadena, California in 1973. Their goal was to share the culinary arts of Mandarin and Szechuan cuisines with their local community by emphasizing the Chinese art of balancing tastes and textures to provide a dining experience that delights the senses. Today, still family-owned with five locations in Southern California, Panda Inn honors over 40 years of heritage and takes great pride in serving delectable cuisine with attentive service in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
alabama gulf coast
“Service and food were excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

After flying all day on business to E. Pasadena, and having had no lunch, I walked from my hotel to a shopping area on Foothill Blvd. where I knew of some good restaurants. Enroute I spotted the Panda Inn and knew instantly that Chinese is what I needed for comfort food. Even though it was rather early for dinner, there were lots of cars in the lot - - a good sign. As I was alone I opted for a table in the spacious bar area where there were three or four TV screens. I was greeted quickly by bartender Caton who explained the menu and provided tea recommendations. I ordered garlic chicken with steamed rice. My order was served promptly and piping hot, enough for two meals. The seasoning of the entree was excellent and the snow peas were exceptionally fresh and attractive. The overall experience was pleasing and I will return during the ten days I will be in Pasadena. As I left I checked out the main dining area and was surprised at its size, and how busy it was. The decor was attractive and I would enjoy a relaxing meal there with my wife at a future date.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank delzville

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Really good chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have been to many good chinese restaurants, but this one had really outstanding food selections. We had a large group so we sampled meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes - all were very well done. The prices were reasonable. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“Yummy Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went there with my son and family. The food was very good. It is a bit pricey but as was said previously..you get what you pay for. The service and atmosphere are great as well.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Palm Springs, California
“Best Chinese in Pasadena...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

... but pricey. Sweet and Pungent Shrimp, Panda Beef and Sweet and Sour Soup are my favorites. Here's a true case of "you get what you pay for".

Visited October 2012
Saint Charles, Missouri
“In-freakin'-credible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This is by far the BEST Chinese fare I've ever had, and that includes my travel to China. We had a great cross section of entrees and each was better than the prior. I could eat this every day, for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

1 Thank barkwood66