“Good food but”

Robin's Wood Fire BBQ
Ranked #304 of 741 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Robin's Wood Fire BBQ is a special event and catering company the is open to the public Friday through Sunday from 11:00am-10:00pm. Established and Smoking Oak and Apple wood BBQ since 1982. Robin's Wood Fire BBQ is available for awesome Home and Corporate BBQ Catering seven days a week. Robin's Wood Fire BBQ is also available for Filming, Private Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Holiday Parties and is your Weekend BBQ Party Central
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just went to Robin's for dinner. Restaurant was almost empty. We were showed to a table given the menu and waitress promised to return shortly. Shortly turned into about 10 minutes. Hubby asked why the delay her reply was that the staff is on break. Our short ribs arrive and taste good but they were only luke warm if that can be said about ribs. Once done we asked for the bill which came somewhat promptly and we waited and waited for the waitress to collect it and return change. After a while hubby grabs the bill and heads to the cashier where he pays and we leave. Don't know if we will return even though the food is good the service was lousy and there was hardly anyone in the place to justify the slowness.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

what a great place to eat,ribs,fish,hamburgers,and all the peanuts you can eat,wonderful staff,esp Mary,shes been there along time and always great service ,great drinks try the long island ice teas they will certainly relax you but no more then two,fridays fish dinner offers a great batter and thick pieces of cod,and you can ask for seconds for no extra charge so when your in then Hasting Ranch area you need to give it a try and you will come back

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I took my son here for his 23rd birthday and wound up apologizing for this flop of a restaurant. Researching BBQ in the area and looking at Robin's website which touted such tradition and endorsements, we made our choice. I should have headed the negatives on Yelp. The atmosphere is very casual and laid back, as in we sat for 15 minutes before we talked to a waiter. It did not take long after ordering to get our food which for BBQ is unusual and we quickly found the reason. We ordered the big meals that are served on a garbage can lid which was appropriate for BBQ that was mediocre at best. Nothing was fresh, the different ribs were warm and some were tough, the hot links were cold so I asked for fresh hot links, the waiter took the links and brought back hot ones, the same links were butterflied and cooked on a grill. I voiced my displeasure and was met with indifference. Overpriced, terrible quality and a sense of they know its bad and don't care. The next day I sent a email to Robins explaining our experience and I never received any response. I think that this is a common situation where an establishment has a storied tradition and something changes causing the downward slide to mediocrity. I have warned people not to go here, one friend went anyways and also regrets the decision. A sad, sad restaurant.

1  Thank #1LakerDad
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Robin's is a great place for lunch or dinner. Chopped barbeque salads with either chicken or tri tip are always my choice, but there are the usual suspects, ribs, chicken, links. They serve the cutest little loaves of blueberry bread with blueberry butter with the meal, and the cole slaw is excellent. My friend always asks if the kitchen has any extra bones for her dog! Great restaurant.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Because the night we went they were sold out. I guess that says something .
We had them cater a party a couple years ago and it was a huge success.

Tonight we had Carolina Pulled Pork and although not what I remember from NC it was good. We also had Tri Tip and that good also.

They also serve corn on the cob, fried chocked, pork n beans and cole slaw .

Ill call next time in advance and looking forward to so good Beef Ribs...