“Once in a lifetime experience!”
Review of Rose Bowl Stadium

Rose Bowl Stadium
Ranked #8 of 67 things to do in Pasadena
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous stadium is the home of one of America's most popular annual college football games.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I booked our vacation to Cali before we knew Wisconsin had a chance of making it to the Rose Bowl. Once they had, we decided we wanted to see the game and take our chances with scalpers. We parked on the golf course behind the stadium to tailgate. The cost was $40/car and split the cost with friends so it wasn't bad. We had a great time tailgating with other great fans. Be prepared to be bombarded with people trying to sell you stuff. At the stadium, the gates were marked well and didn't take long to find our seats, which were in the student section. We were standing the entire time with the exception of half time but there was enough room to move around. The atmosphere is undescribeable and we were so excited to be there. We got a great deal on our tickets just 15 minutes before the game started. Depending on who's playing this isn't always recommended but since this was Wisconsin's third appearence in a row, it was easy to get tickets and negotiate prices. They served beer there but the cost was $10 for a can, obviously to deter people from over-doing it. I got a hot dog, which tasted good and cost me $5. I highly recommend going once if your team is playing. We didn't see the parade or take any tours but had a great time that we will never forget!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Took a tour, much less stress. Seats were very best, although very small. Take a seatpad,no room at your feet for anything .Porta-potties w/ long lines The parade moves by quickly. Go to the post parade viewing for pictures, It is everything you expect & more.
Santa Monica Pier was fun too.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went to our first ever bowl game and had a fantastic time. Very easy parking in lot D great per game activities. We went in to the stadium early and had no issues woth lines and were able to go right to our seats. The leg room in the seats are a little tight but It was a wonderful afternoon and a great place to see a game.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went on a bus right from the Rose Parade, where we'd taken many photos with my new Canon camera and 2 lenses, to the Rose Bowl. They refused to let me in without leaving my camera and both lenses with them! I talked with numerous Security people and a Pasadena PD officer - it is Rose Bowl policy that any camera that can use different lenses is 'professional' and cannot be allowed inside! My seat was 6 rows from the top of the stadium, row 71, in the end-zone! I guess they were worried that I'd try to sell a photo taken with my 135mm lens! When asked, they confirmed that only cell phone and point-and-shoot cameras are allowed. So be forewarned -- THERE IS NO PLACE THAT THEY TELL YOU THIS IN ADVANCE! Imagine how many people go from the parade to the Bowl and learn this - although the application of the 'rule' is arbitrary - the woman in front of me had a Nikon with 3 lenses!! I don't think I'll ever go back to the Rose Bowl.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We attended the 2013 Rose Bowl game between Wisconsin and Stanford. We lost again, but had a great time.
• Great atmosphere and spectacle
• Ride the light rail to the Memorial Park station
• Free shuttle rides to the game -- its about a 2 mile walk from the station
• Plan to get to the game early -- a lot of people, plus lots of pre-game festivities going on outside the stadium
• Getting in the stadium area is pretty easy. Getting to the seats is more challenging. Long tunnels with lines, and locating your seats
• Unbelievable experience