“Nice tapas”

Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Marengo Avenue
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Pretty creative meals here. The kale salad is extraordinary. Did a prix fixe during restaurant week so was limited but most of what I tried was good.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

It took us over 2.5 hours to get out of there. The server seldom returned to the table. The food took was amazing, but took over an hour. The manager sent over some champagne to appease us and removed the corkage fee. The wait and service was terrible. We asked why the delay and the reason was the dishwasher quit and they were training two servers. So what that has to do with cooking I'm still trying to figure out. The first time we went the service was good. Failure this time. Some dishes were amazing, other dishes I think only tasted good because we were starving. My husband wants to give them another chance. I'm still undecided. I hated having to pay extra for parking because the restaurant can't cook in a timely manner.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

First: excellent service, nice setup, and rather good wines. The tapas were not very consistent. I suspect that the chef will continue to experiment. Some of the combinations were very interesting. I liked the cheese platter but did not care for the pate platter. Overall.. we went in early on a weekday and it was very quiet. I may go again but will have to investigate other dishes. Price was reasonable, around 35 per person before tip. Portions are not small.. three tapas is plenty for two people.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We've been here twice now and both times the food has been wonderful, the staff has been tremendously nice, but they seem to be overwhelmed. A little customer patience is worth the wait when you get to enjoy some of their inspired tapas.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Eclectic food, you order several dishes to share which i love because you have
a cornucopia of food... right up my alley. I did not care for the dessert or the coffee.
Went to another restaurant for dessert and coffee
The wine: what i liked is that the staff kept giving me tastings till i found
a wine to my taste.
The service: the service can be improved, the bus person did not pick up the empty
dishes even though he kept passing our table. However, when our super busy waitress
came to our table and picked up the empty dishes, the bus person came to help her;
the bus person knows better because he has been working there since the
restaurant opened.
When we were served, we had to constantly ask for serving spoons because the whole
premise of the restaurant is sharing dishes, yet, we were not given any serving spoons
and this is not the first time that it happens, it has happened before.

Parking: i find that the parking is a problem because the parking lot in the back
of the restaurant was not well lit. Although i know the area very well since our
dance studio was next right door and i know that it is a safe area, i did not want
to park in a dim parking lot so i parked in the shopping center across the street.

The internet: i found out how important the internet is to a restaurant,
the internet was temporarily not working and my friend was not happy;
i was ready to leave the restaurant because my friend was waiting
for a friend to join us and they were communicating on the internet so it
was necessary to have a working internet, finally the owner fixed the internet.

The hours: I wish their hours were different and opened in the daytime.
I have been to this wine restaurant several times and definitely would go more
often had the hours been more suitable.