“Not as good as it used to be.”
Review of Lemonade

Lemonade
Ranked #78 of 741 Restaurants in Pasadena
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This used to be pone of our favorite spots for a quick meal, but it is not as good as it used to be. The service is still good and the staff friendly but the food has changed. The variety is not as good as before and most of it is too cold.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was impressed by Lemonade. It is a small chain with quality, delicious food. The number of choices kind of boggles the mind. It's nice to be able to go with a group and everyone can be happy, the vegetarians, the carnivores, the wheat free. Another plus is the ability to sit outside front or back. With grand daughter, age 2, along, its nice to have a place so pleasant, secure and tasty. It's my first trip and I was nervous to see the line waiting for food but it moves quickly and we were soon sitting down, lunch in hand. I cannot imagine how 2 people spent $45. For the 2 of us it was about $25. Since it's cafeteria style, I don't feel any need to tip.

1  Thank BeeBeeLosAngeles
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My new office is a block from Pasadena Lemonade. I wanted to try it since I had read about it. It is unique, interesting and creative. For the value of the food, I would consider it about 20% overpriced. If you hit it at peak eating hours, you will wait either to be served at the line or at the cashier. The food is good and it is a good dining option when you want to try something different than food which is fast or a sit down service restaurant. I spent about $14 on lunch.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We knew it's a cafeteria but...a modest meal for 2 with wine (on paper plates, plastic utensils, and plastic cups) cost $45, without a tip because we couldn't figure out how to order . Beef stroganoff was only braised beef, no noodles, and a gigantic helping of overcooked rice! Moroccan chicken was simply an overly sweet chicken stew. Seating is benches and flimsy chairs you'd better not lean back in! Can't understand the other rave reviews -- low expectations?

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our family was in town for the Rose Bowl Parade, and we were looking for a place to eat afterwards. We came to Lemonade based on strength of other Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed.

The place is set up as a cafeteria; one slides through the buffet and servers from behind the counter fill your plate as you request. There are a few sections, one featuring sandwiches, one featuring entrees, and an initial one called the "marketplace" which features one or two dozen cold dishes. I chose a few of these marketplace items was very impressed. Everything was very high quality and tasted delicious. Personally, I ordered a brussel sprout dish, a pineapple chicken dish (w/ curry), and dish with yams and cranberries. All great. Also sampled a dish with ahai tuna and watermelon; similarly great.

They also offer various flavored lemonades - also very good. All in all, a lot of fun, quick and easy to have a meal of good quality at a pretty reasonable cost. Three marketplace dishes cost $7.50 and is plenty for a full meal. My son ordered a pesto chicken sandwhich (great), (about $10 and probably enough for two people.) He also ordered a side dish of macaroni and cheese w truffle oil - wow!

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank jwclevelander