“I won't go back”
Review of Settebello

Settebello
Reserve with OpenTable
Settebello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 703 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Port Townsend, Washington
“I won't go back”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was looking forward to real Neapolitan pizza here in Pasadena. What a disappointment. We ordered two pies, both were soggy and sparsely topped, and bland. We ordered two salads, both were ... meh. The tab was higher than if we had gone out for great pizza at any of several excellent places in town. I've read all the hype about the special oven, the certification from Naples, blah, blah, blah. But what matters is not the ambitions or credentials of the sellers. What matters is what is on the plate and how it tastes. And I say this place was a terrible disappointment, and definitely not worth doing again. And I am not blinded here by loyalty to bad pizza. I have been to Mozza, and will go again and again, and I grew up on Casa Bianca pies. I know good pizza when I eat it. I didn't eat good pizza at Settebello.

• Visited November 2012

Naples, Italy
“Nice pizza, even though not so much neapolitan”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nice pizzeria, full of light and with a pleasant atmosphere resembling that of the more modern italian pizzeria. The pizza was very good for local standards but it is neither the best you can have in Pasadena, nor was it mtching Neapolitan standards (as a neapolitan I believe I am an expert...).

In my opinion the dough was to thick (neapolitan pizza must break in the center if you lift it) and the quality of olive oil was not as good as it should be. Good selection of possible toppings. Unfortunately also the mozzarella was not the way it should have been.

• Visited July 2012
“Great authentic pizza”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We really enjoyed this authentic pizzeria. All the ingredients are imported from Italy and the pizza is cooked in a stone oven. The service and setting were awesome.

Brooklyn, New York
“A Pleasurable Experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Had a pleasant experience at Settebello. The pizza was delicious . The atmosphere was trendy and smart. Quick service by a most likable waiter and for the price, I was glad I had the opportunity to experience this wonderful place.

• Visited June 2012
Victorville, California
“Are you ready for real pizza?”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you are the type that is happy with places like Pizza Hut or Domino’s, you may not want to come to Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana. You may not be ready for great real Italian Napoletana pizza made with first rate ingredients from Italy and California and cooked in a wood burning oven. So only come to Settebello if you are willing and ready to try an authentic pizza.

My wife and I stopped in hopeful to try something different in a pizza and we were not disappointed. We come in for a lunch on a Saturday and were seated right away. As we were new to this place and our server was very helpful in answering our questions. The pizzas are 12 inches in size and are not sliced unless you ask. The menu stated that the pizzas are individual sizes, but we found that splitting one was no problem. It's like having a medium size pizza at other places. We also split a salad and an appetizer. The server gave us the extra plates needed.

The thin crust pizza dough was overwhelming and full of great flavor. It was like other pizza that I had ever had. The closest would have to be from California Pizza Kitchen.

OKAY, down for the downside of things. The restrooms are a bit odd. You enter a double door and see wash sinks on each side of that room. This is a common wash area for male and female. No real big deal as the actual restrooms are in another room and are clearly marked. For me it was just odd.

• Visited May 2012